Oct 27, 2015
My config:
MSI Z97S SLI Krait edition
Core i5 4690K
CoolerMaster CPU cooler
MSI GTX 970
HyperX Fury 8GB Ram
Corsair 650M Gold PSU
I assembled everything and turned on the power, my power LED on my case comes on but none of my system fans start up and my system wont boot. I tried all the instructions in the troubleshooting guide in one of your posts but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Solution
If u have them hooked up to both like he did unplug from power supply and use motherboard headers this will allow them to be controlled.. If you use thebmolex connectors from power supply they will be full speed all the time

Satyajit_2

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015

So I did try that. Removed my graphics card and my RAM sticks and tried plugging in just one RAM stick in all the different DIMMs available. Didn't work. Also checked my 24pin and 8pin connections to the PSU.

Satyajit_2

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015

I did make sure the CPU fan is plugged in. I even tried switching it between CPUfan1 header to CPU fan2 header. Didn't seem to make any difference. I am not sure what you mean by installing the little speaker? I installed the case I/O pins and audio pins on the header in the motherboard if thats what you mean.

Satyajit_2

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015

I see. I am not sure if I received one but will have to go home and check. I dont have a spare power supply unfortunately. If it were a doa issue with the mobo or the PSU, my power LED shouldn't have come on right? Because then I would assume that my mobo is getting power from the 24pin connector. Or is that a wrong assumption to make?

Satyajit_2

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015

I see. I was checking other forums if anyone else had similar issues and I found a very similar case:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2547850/msi-z97s-krait-edition-turn-blue-led-blinks-underneath-16x-slot.html
I am going to try the solution he suggested today and will update if it solves anything.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
If u have them hooked up to both like he did unplug from power supply and use motherboard headers this will allow them to be controlled.. If you use thebmolex connectors from power supply they will be full speed all the time

Solution

Satyajit_2

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015

It turns out I misread the mobo manual and switched up my power header with my hdd leds. My bad.