PC won't boot but when it does it's 100% with no performance issues

Dec 25, 2018
So I tried dealing with this issue a few months ago and was not able to find the source of the problem. The pc started up randomly a few months ago when I was trying to fix it and I just didn't turn it off so I wouldn't have to deal with it haha. When the computer is on there is zero issues with performance. After everything I've tried it's sounding like my mobo is just done.

----

Video of the issue: https://streamable.com/ouluj (mobo plays 1 long beep?)

----

Specs:

CPU - 4690K @ 4.4GHz (not anymore after removing mobo battery)

Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming-3

GPU - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1

Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 16GB

PSU - EVGA Supernova 650 G2

Boot Drive - 850 EVO SSD

----

What I have tried to try and find the source but the problem persisted:

- Removed GPU

- Tried each ram stick in a different slot one by one

- Unplugged all drives except the C drive

- Unplugged all the cables in the system and replugged

- Reseated the CPU & Cooler

- Tried using my brother's PSU

- Removed mobo too see if there was any screws not being used shorting the mobo (there wasn't)

- Removed the mobo battery to reset the BIOS

- Had the CPU cooler connected to the sys fan connector instead of the cpu fan connector, that's why the fans on the pump don't turn on right away in the video

---

From what I remember, I had this issue for awhile but it wasn't as severe, it would maybe turn off and on a couple times then successfully boot. Then when I added another SSD things led to what I'm dealing with now. Right after I installed the new SSD and had this issue, I unplugged it and the issue still persisted. I'm just losing my mind trying to find out why this is happening.

---

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or has dealt with this before, please let me now but I think my mobo might be toast. It's just weird because when it does turn on there's nothing wrong with the PC. At this point do I just try and find a Z97 mobo?

Dec 25, 2018
Ok so I just disconnected everything except the cpu, cooler & ram and the problem still continues. I used the screwdriver trick to turn on the pc. Does this confirm it's the mobo or could it still be the cpu?

TRENDING THREADS