[SOLVED] PC won't boot even into BIOS after it crashed

Chezzy

Prominent
Mar 23, 2020
Hello, I'm new here and I have a problem jn booting. So I was doing some light office multitasking and browsing. The only thing I opened were Chrome and Line PC (a chatting platform). And then I ran Minecraft with no issue for a while. But then suddenly it crashed, so I rebooted it from the power button on the case.

The hardware started normally, but nothing appeared on the display, not even the BIOS. I've tried changing the RAM slots, reinstalled the CPU, the hard drive, and the power supply, but nothing have fixed it.

I've heard this is a common problem for a faulty power supply. Any suggestions before I replace it?

Specs:
Proc: AMD A8-7650k w/ R7 graphics
Mobo: ASUS A68HM-K
RAM: Hynix 4gb DRR3
PSU: Poerlogic Alcatroz 225s 450w
HDD: Seagate 500gb

Solved: Reinstalled the 24 pin connector to the motherboard

Last edited:
Solution
Turn power supply switch off, unplug power cord, , use a small flat head screw driver to pop out the silver round CMOS battery on the motherboard. Now hold power button on your PC down for 60 seconds. Now pop the battery back in the spot (it will CLICK in to place you will hear it probably) after that plug your power cord back in and turn on your power supply. it should now boot from the default BIOS setup. If it does it again at, do the same procedure exactly in that order and next time make sure there are no programs or software that is overclocking anything...sounds like the culprit but either way hope this helped. If it still doesn't boot after you are sure you had held the power button for at least 1 minute then it is most...

chinto13

Commendable
Mar 23, 2020
Turn power supply switch off, unplug power cord, , use a small flat head screw driver to pop out the silver round CMOS battery on the motherboard. Now hold power button on your PC down for 60 seconds. Now pop the battery back in the spot (it will CLICK in to place you will hear it probably) after that plug your power cord back in and turn on your power supply. it should now boot from the default BIOS setup. If it does it again at, do the same procedure exactly in that order and next time make sure there are no programs or software that is overclocking anything...sounds like the culprit but either way hope this helped. If it still doesn't boot after you are sure you had held the power button for at least 1 minute then it is most likely PSU. (power supply)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chezzy
Solution