PC wont boot, exhausted many options, need help!

joelayton

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
Hi there,

I recently built a new pc from scratch, however the pc wont post/beep/display anything on the screen. I have read all the stickies and checked and rechecked all the simple fixes. When i power up all fans spin however i get no display on the screen, and the DRAM led on my mobo stays solid red. I have tried swapping out the psu to no avail. I also tested my parts in a friends pc and they work a dream. I was left with the cpu so i RMA'd this to ebuyer, however today i was greeted with an email stating there was no problem with my cpu. so now i am royally stumped and don't know what to do. My memory is not on the QVL list, however it is about the most standard memory you can buy so I did not think this would be a problem.

My specs are:

Mobo: Asus m5a99x evo R2.0
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce gtx 750ti windforce
CPU: AMD FX 8350, 4.0GHZ, 8 core
PSU: Coolermaster 500w PSU
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHZ, CL9 XMP memory kit (2x4GB)

Any help would me massively appreciated as I am very close to taking this to a shop to see if they can solve.

ptarter

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

I had the exact same issue, and after "breradboarding AND reseating the I5 processor 2 of the 4 memory slots (3 & 4 only work)....
I called the motherboard manufacture support.... after quick trouble shooting on the phone they concluded both new DDR3-1600 cards had some problems.... I breadboarded anyways and of course the DDR3 boards are good..... Still can't make the computer work as a 2 channel machine with just slot 3 &4.... still digging for solutions.... my DDR are 8GB

plaintuts

Admirable

you may need to create a new thread for this.

but regarding your problem, you will need to set the correct xmp profile in the bios for the 1600mhz ram
the timing should be 8-8-8-24

or update the bios firmware of the motherboard