Question PC wont boot, fans start and stop continually.

Nemozzz

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hello,
My friend's computer will not boot, when the power button is pressed the internal components light up and the fans start spinning, only for it to stop again after a second or two. No output is displayed on the monitor.
Does anyone know why this is happening?
The system specs that I know are:
i7
GTX 1070 ti
16gb RAM
2tb hard drive
200gb ssd

The computer recently went in for repairs at a repair shop for a different issue (randomly blue screening and freezing, particularly during games) however came back unfixed. It has been running (still freezing occasionally) up to today, however now just will not boot.
Many thanks,
Will Rose

Hi, it would be a good idea to check a few things in order to determine where the issue lies.

Firstly, how old is the PC, and what is the PSU manufacturer, model, wattage and age? Older and/or less capable PSUs are more likely to see issues, and the freezing that was occurring earlier could have been the result of a failing (and now failed) PSU. Do you have access to any other PSUs that are capable of running the system, that you could test on the PC?

Also, how many sticks of RAM do you have? If it is more than one, you should try each stick of RAM individually, in each individual RAM slot.

Lastly, are you able to get the model of the i7 CPU?