Question PC won't boot, fans turn on for half a second and CPU light on Motherboard lights up

Mar 23, 2019
I recently built a new PC with some of my old components from my last computer, everything other than my CPU, RAM, HD, and SSD are new and when I try to power on my system my fans spin for half a second and the CPU light on my MB flashes and then nothing. Don't really know what would be causing this problem but I'm stuck. I've checked all my PSU connections and they all seem to be fine as well as reseating my RAM and GPU.

MB: gigabyte z390 aorus pro wifi
Ram: 16gb ddr4 2666 mhz
CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: gigabyte 1660ti gaming oc
PSU: 750W evga supernova g3

Are you sure that the CPU model is an i7 6700 and the mobo has the z390 chipset? Because if those are correct then that specific CPU model is incompatible with the motherboard. All the z390 motherboards support only 8th (8xxx) and 9th (9xxx) gen Intel CPU models and not older 6th gen CPUs like the i7 6700. On top of that installing that specific CPU on a z390 motherboard can damage both parts. Therefore you should either get an older motherboard (1xx or 2xx line) or a newer Intel 8th/9th gen CPU model. However if the motherboard or CPU got damaged you may have to get a new CPU and a new motherboard. Alternatively you can try to RMA the motherboard before getting a new CPU just in case.