Question PC won't boot, fans turn on, motherboard leds are off ?

Mar 30, 2021
When I press the power button (both the one on the case and the one on the motherboard) nothing turns on. Then I press it multiple times, eventually the following happen:

Sometimes the leds(on the cooler/fans/GPU) and the fans will turn on and off repeatedly and then, eventually, turn off for good. But not the leds on the motherboard, those will remain off (by leds on the motherboard I mean: the bios, Dr. debug, and the lights on the reset and power button that are on the motherboard).

Other times the leds (on the cooler/fans/GPU) and the fans will turn on and stay on but I won't get any display, and the leds on the motherboard will remain off as well.

In either case the restart and the power button wont work,, except pressing and holding the power button to turn the PC off. So I keep trying to turn the PC on, and eventually the lights on the motherboard will turn on, and whenever they do, the PC starts normally.

When it starts it works normally. I even ran a benchmark on it to stress test it, and it ran fine. And I can even restart it with no problem.

Specs:

ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer
CPU: i7 5820k
GPU: RTX 2060
RAM: 7x4Gb kingston DDR4
SSD: 2x120GB kingston SSD and one NVMe XPG SPECTRIX 512GB

Recent changes: I added the NVMe a year ago, the GPU 6 months ago and 1 ram stick died (the PC just started showing less ram) a month ago... and after the ram died and I took it out, the pc started having this problem.

I already ran memtest, and the remaining ram show no problems.

I also already took out all of the memory, the GPU and the NVMe SSD and reinstalled them.

And I changed the CMOS battery and used the button to reset it that the motherboard has (sometimes using this button will lead to the PC finally booting).

So, does anyone know what the problem with my PC could be? can anyone help?

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"and after the ram died and I took it out, the pc started having this problem"

7 RAM modules.... 8 slots.

Check the Fatal1ty X99X Killer's motherboard User Manual and ASRock's website for supported RAM configurations.

Also - PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition? Heavy gaming use, video editing, or even mining?

Mar 30, 2021
I already took the 3 remaining sticks out... and it still doesn't work.
Sorry I forgot to say the PSU specs, it's a Corsair TX650W 80 Plus Bronze, it's 7 years old.
No gaming, video editing or mining. I did use the PC for scientific computing in the first two years of use and I have used it recently in a unreal engine project, but aside from that it's just for everyday use.