[SOLVED] PC Won't boot(first boot) on RX470 .

rorouni

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012
I have recently replaced my old 1030 with a RX470 Sapphire 4gb
on my old mobo Asus PH861 LE/USB3, and i noticed every time in the morning
my pc wont boot, stuck on black screen, then when i push again the power button,
it will again repeat the boot process, i need to do this 2 to 4 times every time i boot my
pc in the morning, then after i boot it successfully. i can now restart and boot it normally
even after i shutdown for a couple of minutes.

i tried removing the card and it always boot normally on onboard video, no hassle.
already used ddu, reinstall my drivers. also reset my windows installation but i still experiece the issue
most of the time.

Please see below full specs (most of the parts mobo, Ram and cpu are more or less 10yrs Old)
please don't judge me., i know its working fine but weird things happen when i replace the video card.

Intel Core i5 2400
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (2x4 sticks)
Asus P8H61-M LE/USB3
Sapphire Nitro RX470 4GB (before GT1030 No issues)
Caslon BTC 700w 80plus Bronze
WD Green 240 GB SSD
WD Blue 500 GB HDD

Last edited:
Solution
As I suspected from the symptoms, you need a better quality PSU as I've never heard of the one you're using.

Stick to well-known and recommended brands like Seasonic, Corsair or EVGA.

rorouni

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012
i see, thanks i learned that this was a bitcoin mining power supply i just got it from a friend since my current doesnt have 6+2 pcie connector, looking for a corsair power supply right now

rorouni

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2012
Hi, I noticed something, before my base clock is set to 103 to at least improve some performance. i returned it to 100 and now i'm booting normally, i haven't had this issue on my original parts,. do you think it still related to psu? by the way i already ordered a corsair 550 semi modular psu. waiting for the delivery.