[SOLVED] PC won't boot from SSD when I plugged in old HDD from old pc

Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys, I recently built a new pc and the windows 10 I installed is activated with the product key from windows 10 from my old pc (removed the product key before installing the windows 10 on new pc). At first my new pc boots up fine through the SSD, then i decided to reuse the HDD from my old pc and plugged it in to my new pc and now all of a sudden it boots quite slow and the windows boot screen says "Preparing devices" something like that and now it only boots to the HDD instead of the SSD. I unplugged the HDD and prioritize SSD as boot option in the UEFI or BIOS and my pc wont boot as if theres no OS installed yet like the screen asks for devices to boot from and press any key. I didnt uninstall windows 10 on the old HDD because Idk how, but I still plugged it in to the new pc because I didnt think this would happen, but now I want the windows only in SSD and not the HDD too and my pc boots to the SSD.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019
Update:

After a few tries of meddling through the pc, I unplugged the old HDD again and now my pc boots through the SSD like how i wanted. I decided that I'll just ditch the old HDD to avoid further headaches.
Sorry for the inconveniences.