Pc won't boot, Generic PnP Monitor driver problem

Daltonius

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017
Since last Sunday, while watching YouTube, my laptop suddenly had a BSOD (couldn't read the error message because it was a blue screen with white dots distorting it.
When I wanted to reboot my device, it wouldn't load(stuck at the ASUS scree with the dots moving around in a circle), and since then it wouldn't load.
However, my laptop can still boot up I'm safe mode, and when I go to my device manager, it shows that the Generic Pnp Monitor, under monitors, has a problem.
Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm assuming this is the problem, considering I uninstalled and reinstalled my display drivers.
My brother has the same laptop as me, also has a Generic PnP Monitor driver, I tried installing his drivers using the inf file, with no success.
Also, I can't install Catalyst/Crimson for my AMD display drivers, because "the detection driver can't be found", or something of the like.
I'd prefer not to factory reset or refresh, unless there would be no other way.

Display Driver: AMD Radeon HD 8670M
Model type: Laptop, Asus F550D

Can anybody help me?
Thanks in Advance!

I suggest you download DDU to your desktop, unpack it, (self contained no install needed) reboot in safe mode, and uninstall AMD drivers, reboot and see what windows does after 5 mins, if nothing changed download ATI drivers from Asus web page and install it.
Note: often (and I have seen this) when install video drivers for older models people want to grab the latest drivers on AMD web site and that is the wrong thing, most of the time that new driver causes a whole series of issues with older hardware. seen it with 7770, 7870, 5750 etc.

DDU web page: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
Asus Web page for laptop: https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/F550DP/HelpDesk_download

Daltonius

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

Should I reboot into safe mode or just a normal boot?

Daltonius

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

I get an error message saying "Failed to load detection driver" when I try to install the drivers, the sweep and reboot didn't work either.