PC wont boot, hard drive not showing up in BIOS

redneontiger

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
My PC wouldn't boot today and in stead went straight to BIOS. When I looked at the boot from list only the disk drive was listed not the hard drive. I ensured that it was a loose connection to the the drive but its still not showing up.

I installed a new GPU and network card into the PC a couple of months ago could this be related to this problem or is it a faulty drive?

Thanks!

Solution
Hi there redneontiger,

My suggestion would be to attach the drive with different cables (both SATA and power ones) to another SATA port. In case the issue persists, you can even attach the drive to another computer.
If the drive is not recognized by BIOS, then you will not be able to access it with software tools. In that case, you will either RMA the drive, in case it is under warranty or contact a data recovery company, if the data stored on it is really important.

Let me know in case you have some more questions,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there redneontiger,

My suggestion would be to attach the drive with different cables (both SATA and power ones) to another SATA port. In case the issue persists, you can even attach the drive to another computer.
If the drive is not recognized by BIOS, then you will not be able to access it with software tools. In that case, you will either RMA the drive, in case it is under warranty or contact a data recovery company, if the data stored on it is really important.

Let me know in case you have some more questions,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS