Question PC won't boot if I make any changes in bios settings or reset the PC with the reset button

Status
Not open for further replies.

creas

Prominent
Apr 25, 2019
I'm unable to save any changes to bios.

If I try to turn the pc on after either pressing the reset button, or after trying to save any changes to bios, the pc won't boot at all and I'll only see a blank screen with one character:

Code:
-

Clearing CMOS with the jumper allows me to see the bios screen again, and if I exit without saving anything I'm able to boot into Windows. Once I'm there things are perfect. I can even restart or shutdown the pc with no issues, it boots again. BUT as I said, if I press the reset button, or make and save any changes in bios settings then it just won't boot and I'll have to re-clear CMOS in order to boot again.

In order to fix it, I tried replacing the battery. It didn't work. I'm buying another brand of battery atm. Can you place the battery wrong somehow?

My motherboard is an Asus z97-p. I can't find a good replacement where I live, only h81's are affordable. The motherboard doesn't seem to have any other issues anyway.

Any suggestions?

Check your MB BIOS version to see it is the newer one ( 2907) or not. If it is not, may consider to update the BIOS, but keep in mind, if you don't do it right, you may brick the motherboard.

If you had the K version CPU, and the Mb has the newer version BIOS, may just use the PC like whatever you did right now, unfortunately you can't find the replacement.

Reactions: creas

creas

Prominent
Apr 25, 2019
Check your MB BIOS version to see it is the newer one ( 2907) or not. If it is not, may consider to update the BIOS, but keep in mind, if you don't do it right, you may brick the motherboard.

If you had the K version CPU, and the Mb has the newer version BIOS, may just use the PC like whatever you did right now, unfortunately you can't find the replacement.

I tried to install the same version again. It got installed but, that didn't fix it. I guess it doesn't see the cmos battery,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS