Question PC won't boot, in need of your help !

Shalva Shermadini

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014
Hello everyone, i need your help. So i bought this pc January 2020 except from the PSU that i used from my old computer.

PC have been running smoothly and had no problems with it. The only problem i had from the beginning is that i was unable to run stable XMP profile.

I tried pretty much everything. In the end to make it work and be stable, i manually adjusted Voltage and Speed and its been running smoothly since then.

Until yesterday morning when i woke up and tried to power up to my suprise it wouldn't boot.

Fans were going crazy and only my CPU and top fan LED's were lighting.

First thing i did was to try to run with 1 stick of RAM, and voaala it worked ! PC booted again normaly and everything was ok.

After the successful boot i decided to update my BIOS to the latest version. Everything went ok and i even tried to shut it down and restart multiple times to make sure it would boot normally, and it did. This happened yesterday.

I woke up again this morning and same problem ! But now it wont boot whatever i try to do. I tried every combination of RAM/slots. I took out cmos battery to reset BIOS. I took out my GPU. Nothing works, it just won't boot. Same thing as yesterday.

The pattern is weird, yesterday morning it was the same but then it worked with 1 RAM and it was running all day no problems, and now this morning pretty much the same except nothings helps to make it boot.

I am thinking it might be the PSU but if PSU is faulty then it wouldnt boot in the first place yesterday, right ? Unless i am missing something here.

Specs:

CPU : Ryzen 3700X
GPU : Gigabyte Aorus 2080 Super
Mobo : Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, BIOS version : F30
RAM : 2x8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V 3600Mhz
PSU : XFX TS 750w

I am including a link for a video i took right now with the issue : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RfpXJBaBTSs

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
i bought this pc January 2020 except from the PSU that i used from my old computer.
How old is the PSU in your build(that you've decided to recycle)?

For the sake of relevance, please include the version for your BIOS at the time of writing. As for the rams, see if you can manually input the advertised numbers(on the side of the ram sticks) and see if the issue is alleviated.

Hello everyone, i need your help. So i bought this pc January 2020 except from the PSU that i used from my old computer.

PC have been running smoothly and had no problems with it. The only problem i had from the beginning is that i was unable to run stable XMP profile.

I tried pretty much everything. In the end to make it work and be stable, i manually adjusted Voltage and Speed and its been running smoothly since then.

Until yesterday morning when i woke up and tried to power up to my suprise it wouldn't boot.

Fans were going crazy and only my CPU and top fan LED's were lighting.

First thing i did was to try to run with 1 stick of RAM, and voaala it worked ! PC booted again normaly and everything was ok.

After the successful boot i decided to update my BIOS to the latest version. Everything went ok and i even tried to shut it down and restart multiple times to make sure it would boot normally, and it did. This happened yesterday.

I woke up again this morning and same problem ! But now it wont boot whatever i try to do. I tried every combination of RAM/slots. I took out cmos battery to reset BIOS. I took out my GPU. Nothing works, it just won't boot. Same thing as yesterday.

The pattern is weird, yesterday morning it was the same but then it worked with 1 RAM and it was running all day no problems, and now this morning pretty much the same except nothings helps to make it boot.

I am thinking it might be the PSU but if PSU is faulty then it wouldnt boot in the first place yesterday, right ? Unless i am missing something here.

Specs:

Ryzen 3700X
Gigabyte Aorus 2080 Super
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite
2x8 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V 3600Mhz
XFX TS 750w

I am including a link for a video i took right now with the issue : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RfpXJBaBTSs
Even with a faulty PSU a pc can still "boot" or give signs of life

First thing to do would be to rule out the PSU being the culprit

Get/loan/steal a (known working) PSU to try your system with

just replace the 24 pin and other PSU to PC cables and test, let us know how it went

Shalva Shermadini

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014
i bought this pc January 2020 except from the PSU that i used from my old computer.
How old is the PSU in your build(that you've decided to recycle)?

For the sake of relevance, please include the version for your BIOS at the time of writing. As for the rams, see if you can manually input the advertised numbers(on the side of the ram sticks) and see if the issue is alleviated.

PSU is around 5 years old.
BIOS version is F30.

I didnt understood what you mean by input advertised number of rams ?

Last edited:

Shalva Shermadini

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014
Update : So i tested my brothers PSU on my PC, nothing changed. I tested my PSU on my brothers PC and its booting fine. PSU does not seem to be the culprit.

I dont know what do to at this point. Can you please give me any ideas ?

TRENDING THREADS