Aug 9, 2020
Hi,

I've had this pc for a while and was all working fine except for some audio issue which I tried to use Restoro to fix. Since then my computer won't load anything, not even the bios. I've checked the psu and seems to be working, I've taken it down to the bare minimum of psu, mobo, cpu and ram but no luck. I've tried clearing the cmos but still nothing. When I press the power the fan spins up and it loads for a few seconds then dies, spins again for half a second, dies, repeat until I turn it off. If I don't clear the cmos then it's only half seconds instead of the slightly longer first spin up. In both cases nothing is displayed on the screen connected by vga straight to the mobo. I literally have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it so any help would be appreciated. I've also tried flashing the bios but no luck there either. I'm using a Gigabyte H61MA-D3V Intel H61 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard, Intel i5 3570k, corsair cx500 psu and corsair value ram. That's all that's connected atm but if you need any more details about the system let me know.

I've gone through every checklist and trouble shooting process I could find prior to making this post so really running out of ideas.

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k
Motherboard : Gigabyte H61MA-D3V Intel H61 (Socket 1155) DDR3
Ram: 8gb corsair value
Psu: corsair cx500

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

If the PSU is a green labeled unit, you might want to state what the age of the unit is. Also, source a donor PSU with 550W of power to the entire system's disposal and see if the issue persists.

One thing to note, how did you flash the BIOS if you can't see anything...?

Aug 9, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

If the PSU is a green labeled unit, you might want to state what the age of the unit is. Also, source a donor PSU with 550W of power to the entire system's disposal and see if the issue persists.

One thing to note, how did you flash the BIOS if you can't see anything...?
Hi,
Thanks for the response.
I'll try and find a different psu and give it a go but I used a psu tester and the cables going to the mobo seem to he delivering power as they should be.

Sorry I meant to say I tried to flash the bios, my bad! I made a USB that should do it but nothing happened and the light on the USB didn't even come on.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS