Mar 20, 2022
Hi i built a PC a month ago and 2 days ago i shut it down and left when i started it again it went into BIOS and has failed to boot into windows since, it gets stuck on the gigabyte logo , i have tried enabling csm, fast boot disabled, resetting CMOS multiple times, tried booting with one ram stick at a time and no USBS connected, also it fails to boot with a flash drive and gets stuck on the same gigabyte logo, BIOS is reading the ram, m.2 and graphics card correctly and has correct date and time , but it says no bootable drive detected and when i save and exit bios it just fades to a black screen the monitor is detecting input and works fine but its just a black screen and nothing happens, to enter BIOS again i have to restart system and if i restart without entering BIOS it stays stuck on the gigabyte motherboard logo. Also it wont go into safe mode i tried interrupting boot process 3 times and it just stays stuck on the motherboard logo on 4th boot any help would be appreciated

specs
- gigabyte b650m
-i511400f
-gigabyte 3060ti
-16 gb ddr4
-gigabyte 1tb nvme m.2 ssd

Last edited:
Solution
Do you happen to have a spare drive laying around? SSD/HDD, whatever? Might be worthwhile to remove the M.2 and try to see if it will (fully) boot off a traditional type drive. I noticed in the BIOS updates that the F1 supports all versions of CPU right out of the box, so that aspect is good. Reading the notes for the BIOS updates indicates that there is a possible M.2 compatibility issue which is addressed in F5.
I really hate to suggest trying a BIOS update on a mobo that already isn't working correctly.

If you happen to have a low power GPU on hand it might be worthwhile to try and boot with it. Was the PSU you installed in this system brand new?

Have you checked for proper mounting of the cooler, did you monitor temps while it...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Have you any other storage attached aside from the M.2?

Might be worthwhile, as a test, to disconnect all storage, set your boot order to USB first, and see if it will boot into a Windows installer or Linux Live. Obviously, without storage to install to it won't be able to proceed but the point being it would eliminate the drive(s) as part of the issue.

Mar 20, 2022
Have you any other storage attached aside from the M.2?

Might be worthwhile, as a test, to disconnect all storage, set your boot order to USB first, and see if it will boot into a Windows installer or Linux Live. Obviously, without storage to install to it won't be able to proceed but the point being it would eliminate the drive(s) as part of the issue.
No other storage apart from M.2 and i cant select boot order it says no bootable devices detected when i plug in USB it comes up as a bootable device but the system doesnt boot into a windows installer just the gigabyte motherboard logo screen

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Do you happen to have a spare drive laying around? SSD/HDD, whatever? Might be worthwhile to remove the M.2 and try to see if it will (fully) boot off a traditional type drive. I noticed in the BIOS updates that the F1 supports all versions of CPU right out of the box, so that aspect is good. Reading the notes for the BIOS updates indicates that there is a possible M.2 compatibility issue which is addressed in F5.
I really hate to suggest trying a BIOS update on a mobo that already isn't working correctly.

If you happen to have a low power GPU on hand it might be worthwhile to try and boot with it. Was the PSU you installed in this system brand new?

Have you checked for proper mounting of the cooler, did you monitor temps while it was running? Check the socket for damage, etc?
Although I doubt anything going on with the pins under the CPU since it was previously operational...

Do you have a speaker installed to see if it is throwing any beep codes? I did not note it having troubleshooting LED or anything.

Solution
Mar 20, 2022

Have you checked for proper mounting of the cooler, did you monitor temps while it was running? Check the socket for damage, etc?
Although I doubt anything going on with the pins under the CPU since it was previously operational...

Do you have a speaker installed to see if it is throwing any beep codes? I did not note it having troubleshooting LED or anything.
I'll try to remove m.2 and try another drive, the PSU is brand new 650W nzxt gold and the mobo in at f7 most recent update, it was completely operation before this temps were great and mounting was good too