Question PC won't boot, no fan activity but Chipset gets incredibly hot.

May 5, 2020
Hi all,
A while ago I bought a system off a friend for £5 knowing it was broken, Thankfully the Hard Drive was still functional so I made about 6 times the cost back on selling it however I noticed that whenever I attempt to power it on there is no fan activity but the chipset gets insanely hot, I read that this may be reverse voltage but it's still quite different from the case I read about. Specs are as follows
CPU:AMD A8-6600K
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2
RAM: 8GB TeamGroup DDR3 1600Mhz (This component seems suspicious to me as when I tested it in another the system it pulled a memory detection error and when I swapped that system's memory back in it failed to post repeatedly until I cleared the CMOS, seems to work fine now)
PSU: Some Grey Box 450W unit, (I'm pretty sure the guy I got the machine off bought it from some low cost local sytem builder, Tested it with another system and it does work.)
The system worked for a fair few years and then cut out, I'm hoping to set it up as a secondary machine just to run a few light games in the living room.
Any help with the matter would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advanced!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS