Question PC wont boot, no signal to monitors

lilchrizmedia

Reputable
Aug 16, 2017
My landlord turned off power yesterday due to electrical work. When the power was back on and i went to turn on the PC it wouldn’t boot. All the fans and lights turn on but i can tell the operating system wasn’t starting. No signal to displays either. The monitors turns on as i turn on the computer but it just says no signal.

I tried switching up RAM slots. That worked when i had the same issue a month back. But not now.

any ideas?

lilchrizmedia

Reputable
Aug 16, 2017
List your full system specs.
How old is the system?
Have you checked your CMOS battery? Try with a new one!
I dont have a full list but ill try my best.
i7 9700k
Msi Pro Carbon Z390
Gigabyte GTX 970
2 sticks of Hyperx DDR4 16GB
2 sticks of Hyperx DDR4 8GB (not sure about the MHz)
Corsair RM750x

The mobo and processor was new august 2019
GPU from 2014
PSU from 2017
Thats all i know

Ill try swapping out the battery

Edit: replaced cmos battery. No changes.

Last edited:
Ok so not an OLD system however you've mixed RAM kits which is a NO NO and especially if they have differing frequency.

Reset CMOS and just have one DIMM in the slot meant for single channel mode. DIMMA2.
Boot the system and see if it works. If not try switching modules.

Check if any debug LEDs are lit on the MB.
They are located top right of MB and are CPU, VGA, RAM and BOOT. If any are lit during post and stay lit then you have an issue.

Please report back.

lilchrizmedia

Reputable
Aug 16, 2017
Ok so not an OLD system however you've mixed RAM kits which is a NO NO and especially if they have differing frequency.

Reset CMOS and just have one DIMM in the slot meant for single channel mode. DIMMA2.
Boot the system and see if it works. If not try switching modules.

Check if any debug LEDs are lit on the MB.
They are located top right of MB and are CPU, VGA, RAM and BOOT. If any are lit during post and stay lit then you have an issue.

Please report back.
Sorry for late the late answer. I kind of gave up for a week or so. The VGA led is lit. I’ve tried taking out all inputs, turning on the computer, and then plugging everything back in. That worked once, and the computer booted. Now that wont work