[SOLVED] Pc wont boot on first try

SnowMN

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2013
Hello,i recently got a new pc and i have encountered a little issue,past week i switched off my psu for three or for days,when i came back and switched back on i booted my pc but i didnt get anything ob my monitor i did however notice that rgb lights on my gpu were on although saved in off setting in mystic light and that when o shut down pc it only took 1hit on the power button instead of the full 6 seconds,this has happened twice and after i shut down and power up again pc boots normaly,anyone got a clue as to whats going on

Edit:keyboard and mouse no power also

Last edited:
Solution
Yes although its not gpu cause ibdont think pc actually boots since its in a state that it cannshut down with 1 hit on power button

Conflicting drivers (even in the GPU) can cause the issue your describing. Thus why I wanted to check how up to date they were. By drivers I am including chipset and MB drivers.

If the problem has gone - it may have just been related to the cold boot you did after leaving it unplugged.

If the problem returns - I would also try resetting your BIOS / clearing your CMOS and ensuring all drivers are up to date.

SnowMN

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2013
This could be a few things.

Do you have fast boot enabled?
Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you reset the BIOS?
Do you have all the latest drivers installed (especially GPU).
Does this now consistently occur?
Νο
Νο
Yes although its not gpu cause ibdont think pc actually boots since its in a state that it cannshut down with 1 hit on power button

No on the last one as well happened twice randomly

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Conflicting drivers (even in the GPU) can cause the issue your describing. Thus why I wanted to check how up to date they were. By drivers I am including chipset and MB drivers.

If the problem has gone - it may have just been related to the cold boot you did after leaving it unplugged.

If the problem returns - I would also try resetting your BIOS / clearing your CMOS and ensuring all drivers are up to date.

Solution

SnowMN

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2013

I unplugged and kept power button down for 30 secs i have since to encounter the issue last time i flipped psu button back on i kinda pressed case button a bit dast maybe that had something to do with it,any how thanks for your help