[SOLVED] Pc won't boot once I installed my graphics card

Sep 28, 2021
So I bought a computer of of Amazon with 2 monitors. It just a normal dell optiplex 3020 but with 16gb of ram and 2tb hhd. the what I assume is the onboard graphics card is is the same slot where I would put my onda 1030 4gb ddr4 graphics card so I pull it out and put it in there but I have to unplug a wire on the back of the existing one. I install the graphics card and start my pc. It says there isn't a boot device so I put the original back in and boot it up with the wire and it works. My graphics card doesn't have a place to plug that wire in how do I fix this. Also I'm getting a new case so I done nessarially care that stuff doesn't fit as of right now.

Solution
it depends on the type of drive you have available.

if it's a SATA III 6GB/s drive;
it will connect to the motherboard via a SATA data cable.
and it will connect to the power supply via SATA power cable.

you will have to determine if you have a compatible drive, necessary cables, and how to connect it all in this particular situation.
what I assume is the onboard graphics card
"onboard" graphics would be an integrated GPU built into the CPU.
if you can physically remove it then it is a dedicated GPU.

but you should include images of the card you are removing and it's connected cable.
the "boot device" error would lead me to believe that you have removed a disk mounting extension card, not a graphics card.

Sep 28, 2021
"onboard" graphics would be an integrated GPU built into the CPU.
if you can physically remove it then it is a dedicated GPU.

but you should include images of the card you are removing and it's connected cable.
the "boot device" error would lead me to believe that you have removed a disk mounting extension card, not a graphics card.
LYW7mF1.jpeg
This is what I removed along with the cable connecting on the bottom right corner in that connecter. After I remove that cable it says no boot device

Sep 28, 2021
as I suspected, that is a PCIe M.2 extension card housing the OS disk drive.
not a graphics card.
Well then how would I be able to install a graphics card if that slot is taken is there a solution that could work? Or do I just need a new mother board I mean I was gonna get one but I didn't want to just yet

these days it's pretty basic to have an onboard M.2 slot or more
and to have multiple PCIe x16 slots.

if this board doesn't offer either i would be replacing it for sure.
how would I be able to install a graphics card if that slot is taken is there a solution that could work?
if you have a separate SATA III SSD or HDD you can use that as an OS drive for now until you get a decent motherboard.

Sep 28, 2021
these days it's pretty basic to have an onboard M.2 slot or more
and to have multiple PCIe x16 slots.

if this board doesn't offer either i would be replacing it for sure.

if you have a separate SATA III SSD or HDD you can use that as an OS drive for now until you get a decent motherboard.
How would I do that like do I need to reinstall windows on my hhd or ssd and put the cable into either one of those instead if so I don't know how to do that

you will have to determine if you have a compatible drive, necessary cables, and how to connect it all in this particular situation.

Solution
Sep 28, 2021

Do you know a video that explains how to do this and how to determine this if so the awesome if not it's alr I'll look later as I have to go-to work