Question PC won't boot pass BIOS splash screen or menu

Jul 28, 2019
I was running CCleaner when the program went unresponsive, when I tried to End Task the manager and start menu went unresponsive as well. I forced shut down but when restarting the PC wouldn't boot.

When left alone it would stay on the bios splash screen indefinitely or flash some lines in the top corner and go black.

The Bios Menu shows the OS SSD and the rest of my drives but goes black when I manually try to boot from the SSD. This also happens when safe booting from F8.

I've switched out the SATA cables, disabled booting from the UEFI, disconnecting all drives and usb media except the SSD, but I'm still stuck on the splashscreen.

Is my SSD at fault? My motherboard? something else?

My specs are:
intel i7
ASUS Z170-PRO LGA 1151 Intel Z170
IGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
16GB RAM

Please let me know if any more info would help
Thank you in advance!

Jul 28, 2019
Yea I used registry cleaner ._.
however it was when i tried a normal cleanup after registry cleaner that it went unresponsive

I've tried reading the SSD on another computer and it shows up, it's stuck on loading the contents, but it can be read.

as for reinstalling win10 it gets stuck on "Setup is starting"

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yea I used registry cleaner ._.
however it was when i tried a normal cleanup after registry cleaner that it went unresponsive

I've tried reading the SSD on another computer and it shows up, it's stuck on loading the contents, but it can be read.

as for reinstalling win10 it gets stuck on "Setup is starting"
Sounds like the SSD could be to blame.
May be worth running HD Sentinel and see if it shows up anything.

But if it's struggling to load any content even on another PC as a secondary, sooner sounds like it could be faulty.

Jul 28, 2019
Sounds like the SSD could be to blame.
May be worth running HD Sentinel and see if it shows up anything.

But if it's struggling to load any content even on another PC as a secondary, sooner sounds like it could be faulty.

tbh I didn't have much luck with the HD Sentinel
I couldn't open the overview for the SSD without it going unresponsive but the preview tab showed it at 100% health. It also was able to show the folders when the SSD was connected this time, though they were only HP tools and HP recovery folders