[SOLVED] pc wont boot past bios first setup

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
hey i had working pc for about 1 year. today i decided to upgrade my i5 8400 for i9 9900 KF. my mobo supports it..i have z390 mobo. ASUS PRIME Z390-P. i even updated bios on version 2808. still not booting....i dont get it i am sure i didnt bend any pins on cpu socket or anything...everything went smoothly. i dont know what to do... i cant now even get to bios. i need to take cpu out and in to get there. pls help. i only changed cpu.

other components
gtx 1660 super
some ssds...
16gb of ram

but its some what wierd because i have windows installed on my SSD but it isnt in boot device.

Solution
no but i am finally in windows after succesfull windows reinstallation. it should be working now. all i did was that i removed 2 out of 3 ram sticks and setting bios to default. now after i install drivers...i am gonna add 1 ram stic because it was set and i hope it will run ok.
It was certainly the fact that you set the bios to default that made the trick. It is the equivalent of a clear CMOS

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
+++removed some ram sticks...pc is finnally booting but doesnt detect any bootable device. so i started new windows installation and will see if it will work..

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
Did you do a clear CMOS after changing the CPU.
Probably the first thing to do

no but i am finally in windows after succesfull windows reinstallation. it should be working now. all i did was that i removed 2 out of 3 ram sticks and setting bios to default. now after i install drivers...i am gonna add 1 ram stic because it was set and i hope it will run ok.

It was certainly the fact that you set the bios to default that made the trick. It is the equivalent of a clear CMOS

Solution
I recently upgraded from an i5-9600k to a i9-9900k on my Z390 system. After I put the i9-9900k in and before I powered up, I did a clear CMOS. When I powered on, my PC restarted several times and when it finally booted Windows, all was well. I did not do a Windows reinstallation.

palo112

Commendable
Sep 23, 2019
I recently upgraded from an i5-9600k to a i9-9900k on my Z390 system. After I put the i9-9900k in and before I powered up, I did a clear CMOS. When I powered on, my PC restarted several times and when it finally booted Windows, all was well. I did not do a Windows reinstallation.
Yeah it was very strange to me. The problem was that i have one HDD, then m.2 and then 1w0gb SSD. At first year before when i got my pc i installed windows on hdd but month later i got ssd so i reinstalled windows there so i have 2 bootable devices but somehow when i changed my i5 8400 for i9 9900kf i went into bios and i looked into boot options and i only had HDD and it even didnt work with HDD. it was showing no devices were found after start of pc. So i needed to reinstall windows. Then i had the option to install it back on my 120gb SSD and after that everything is back in normal....its like my cpu was tied with windows and after i took it out it went with it. I know that motherboards are tied but idk if it is thing with cpu also...strange but glad i managed to do that