PC wont boot past windows startup

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mrhoppsmc

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Hello, so i downloaded an updated Realtek driver yesterday and faced the problem of having my sound not work afterward. I tried everything from and read a couple things on restarting my BIOS to factory setting by taking the motherboard battery out and putting it back after 60 sec. I placed it back into its component and put my computer back together and plugged it in and turned it on. I noticed that when i started it up it made 2 beep sounds instead of the usual 3(I also looked up that AMI motherboards with 2 beeps means faulty RAM so i replaced it with diffrent RAM and didnt work . Afterwards when the problem still persisted i tried the System repair tool with no luck either and dont know what to do next? If you have any insight on the matter please let me know :) Thank You

When I can't fix the problem with in few hrs, I just reload the back up.

Or reinstall everything : )

All done within 30 min to 2 hrs. Most likely your system is corrupted.

Well, good luck!

mrhoppsmc

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
am i able to save certain programs or documents and transfer them to a USB instead of a new HDD because i dont need to backup the whole thing because i dont wanna spend more money when this isnt guaranteed to fix the problem?

Very true. That is how we did it in Desktop Support; Basically, anything more than an hour is a waste of time.