[SOLVED] PC won't boot/POST with 4 sticks of RAM installed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2021
Hey i just clean my pc but when i re-assemble it my pc cannot boot/post when i insert 4 sticks of RAM, the debug LED shows boot LED. Then i try with only 2 sticks then my pc boot just fine. I also cannot enter BIOS. What can i do now?

specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350m Mortar Arctic
T-Force 4x4gb RGB RAM
MSI RX570
PSU Cougar 650w
SSD
HDD

Reactions: Britishblue
Solution
Hey i just clean my pc but when i re-assemble it my pc cannot boot/post when i insert 4 sticks of RAM, the debug LED shows boot LED. Then i try with only 2 sticks then my pc boot just fine. I also cannot enter BIOS. What can i do now?

specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350m Mortar Arctic
T-Force 4x4gb RGB RAM
MSI RX570
PSU Cougar 650w
SSD
HDD
Funny, I legit had this problem 2 weeks ago. Sadly for me it was the ram slot, there was strange residue on the slot and I cleaned it off and found the pin under was broken. Dont worry yet though. It might just be the ram stick, and you want that to be the problem. First take the ram out and try each ram in a slot you know is working. If the pc fails on on of the rams, it's that ram and you just...

Britishblue

Prominent
Sep 14, 2021

specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350m Mortar Arctic
T-Force 4x4gb RGB RAM
MSI RX570
PSU Cougar 650w
SSD
HDD
Funny, I legit had this problem 2 weeks ago. Sadly for me it was the ram slot, there was strange residue on the slot and I cleaned it off and found the pin under was broken. Dont worry yet though. It might just be the ram stick, and you want that to be the problem. First take the ram out and try each ram in a slot you know is working. If the pc fails on on of the rams, it's that ram and you just need to buy a new stick. If all them work start trying them in the other slots one by one. If it still doesnt fail then It might be your cpu. Try reseating it. Its most likely a stick of ram but if it's the slot then there is little chance of fixing it without buying a new board, thats what I had to do last week. Hope this helps.

Solution
Oct 13, 2021

specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350m Mortar Arctic
T-Force 4x4gb RGB RAM
MSI RX570
PSU Cougar 650w
SSD
HDD
Have you tried to reset your BIOS settings? If you cannot enter BIOS then it might be that your BIOS settings aren't compatible with your hardware. Once, I cleaned my PC and then it wouldn't post when I put my RAM back in, so I tried shorting the CMOS pins, didn't work. Took out the lithium battery on the motherboard for a few minutes and it booted up into the BIOS just fine, I had to redo all of my settings though, but it kept all my files so I was set.

Reactions: JWood1644
Status
Not open for further replies.