Question Pc won't boot properly after CPU upgrade.

Feb 12, 2019
Hiya so I've recently just upgraded from a g4560 to a i5 6600k (mobo supports both 6th and 7th gen) and my pc won't boot past the bios splash screen. I attempted reverting to my old CPU to see if it would boot correctly however I keep encountering the same issue no matter what I do. However I did briefly manage to successfully get into the bios at one point but now my pc is also failing to detect my keyboard and mouse and I really have no idea what to do and I'm shit scared about it😂😭.

ove_taksdal

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
what motherboard are you using, and have you inspected it for a bent pin... ?
Recommend always dismounting the motherboard and assemble ram, cpu and cooler outside the case.

Feb 12, 2019
what motherboard are you using, and have you inspected it for a bent pin... ?
Recommend always dismounting the motherboard and assemble ram, cpu and cooler outside the case.
I built this pc a couple years again and only have an MSI B250M PRO VD. Whenever I do swap the processors I do have a screen flash telling me to enter the bios as CPU or memory has been changed. However, as the keyboard and mouse are no longer responsive I'm unable to press F1 to enter the bios when I have that short screen flash up.

Feb 12, 2019
Reset BIOS settings with onboard jumper on motherboard. Consult user manual, to find location of the jumper.
Or you can try using PS/2 style keyboard.
I've reset cmos and now all my peripherals are functional. My pc has detected the new CPU (i5 6600k) I'd just like to ask since I've reached the bios what should I do next to ensure I boot to windows?

Feb 12, 2019
I've reset cmos and now all my peripherals are functional. My pc has detected the new CPU (i5 6600k) I'd just like to ask since I've reached the bios what should I do next to ensure I boot to windows?
In reference to this I attempted to boot again and I was once again stuck on the bios splash screen. I've reset cmos again and I'm back in the bios menu.

Feb 12, 2019
Restore settings related to boot.
Those are:
sata controller mode (AHCI,IDE,RAID) and​
boot mode (UEFI, legacy/CSM).​
Upon cmos reset my bootmode is set to Legacy+UEFI. Are you suggesting I should change the bootmode to EUFI? As that's the only other bootmode I have available.
Also in regards to sata controller mode where do I access that in the bios?

Feb 12, 2019
Upon cmos reset my bootmode is set to Legacy+UEFI. Are you suggesting I should change the bootmode to EUFI? As that's the only other bootmode I have available.
Also in regards to sata controller mode where do I access that in the bios?
Ive located the sata configuration and the only mode available is AHCI

Feb 12, 2019
Well I've managed to fix it and oh my is it the stupidest thing.
Turns out it's a harddrive issue 😂😂😭 I booted on a different harddrive with windows on that I had and it worked absolutely fine straight to windows....