PC won't boot red light on vga

Max_104

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
Me and my brother built a pc it turned on but couldn't get the windows to boot up and it freezes but that's not my question right now it won't turn on anymore it has a Red LED light on vga and we plugged that into the monitor from the graphics card won't work I don't know what the problem is and the gpu is a MSI GTX 1050 Ti it doesn't have a pin connector please help

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
What motherboard do you have? Are you sure you plugged into the card, and not the on board video output on the motherboard?
Did you plug in the power cords to the video card? ARe you in the right slot with your video card on the motherboard?

The 1050ti doesn't have a pin connector? It should! Anything modern will have a connector for getting power straight from the PSU. Very old style cards will run directly from the motherboard... but the 1050 certainly needs at least one 8 pin plug.

The card may just be bad....

Max_104

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017

Max_104

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
We are going back to the place to get the stuff looked at and there was no connector looked all around the fans still spun on it and it worked earlier and it was plugged into the graphics card slot