Question Pc won't boot, restarting itself. Bios freeze.

Krecik1218

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2014
Hello,

I just assembled a new PC. Started it and spent about 30-40 minutes in bios and to try boot windows from USB (successfully). I canceled installation and opened bios. At this time I was doing some things on my laptop. After like 30 minutes I saw that RGB light on my mouse is off and bios screen freezed (there were no temp updates or time).
I shutted down pc and launched it again. Fans are working, RGB lighting inside case too. But there is nothing on the screen and no USB power for mouse or keyboard. Pc restarts itself after couple of second (sometimes 3s and sometimes even 10).
I turned off PSU, put cable off and wait few seconds. Plug everything again and start pc - same problem. But now I can't shut down PC by holding power button (I don't have restart). I must wait until it restart and then turn off PSU in the right moment.
I checked all cables, put out one RAM stick and nothing.

Gigabyte B550 Gaming X2 rev 1.1
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 OC
Ryzen 5600X
2x16 GB DDR4 Ram
M2 Kioxia SSD
Samsung SATA SSD
Corsair RM650 gold plus

Before I assembled everything, I updated Bios to newest version (enables support for my CPU). Bios showed correct version when I checked.

Edit: one more thing. I noticed that before freeze, bios was lagging whenever I clicked on some option. Earlier it was fine.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair RM650 gold plus

You should've looked into a 750W or higher wattage PSU when you were looking into an RTX3070 purchase.

But now I can't shut down PC by holding power button (I don't have restart)
What is the make and model of your case?

Is this the motherboard you're working with?

Last edited:

Krecik1218

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2014
Corsair RM650 gold plus

You should've looked into a 750W or higher wattage PSU when you were looking into an RTX3070 purchase.

But now I can't shut down PC by holding power button (I don't have restart)
What is the make and model of your case?

Is this the motherboard you're working with?
It's Pure Base 500DX

Edit: I pulled out CMOS battery, re applied thermal paste on CPU (thought maybe it was too much). Still nothing. I also taken speaker from older pc and connected to my new Mobo - no sound.

Yes the motherboard you linked is mine.

I connected my old PSU (650 bronze xfx) to CPU, motherboard and GPU - nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Krecik1218

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2014
I made breadboarding with and without ram and CPU with fan. It works couple of seconds, sometimes more but speaker it's not giving me any signal. I have also put two different GPUs - same.
I looked at CPU and I can't see any broken pins. There is a little of thermal paste on the side, but it didn't went downside where pins are.

I also tried to Q flash bios again (no CPU and RAM). Fans on PSU are working, light is flashing on Mobo, it restarts itself after some time, so looks ok.

So, if motherboard is not giving signal to speaker, can I assume it's motherboard fault? It must be either it or CPU.

Last edited: