PC won't boot, seems completely dead.

Tomwise

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
My PC switched off randomly and will no longer boot. It seems as though there is no power at all.

My motherboard is a ASUS Republic of Gamers Maximus Ranger VII, the on-board lighting and start button seem to flicker.

I have tried testing the PSU using the paper clip test and it's able to power a chassis fan.

Any help or advice would be great.

Solution
Make certain everything is plugged in completely; something may have come loose.
Then
If you have access to another WORKING, good PSU, swap out yours for the working psu and see if that was the problem. The paper clip test only tells you it is putting out Some power, but not how much nor whether it can function under a load.

Please up date your post with, especially, the make and model of your PSU; RAM info, CPU, CPU cooler info and pretty much anything else that uses electricity. The forum can then give you more accurate and educated replies.
Make certain everything is plugged in completely; something may have come loose.
Then
If you have access to another WORKING, good PSU, swap out yours for the working psu and see if that was the problem. The paper clip test only tells you it is putting out Some power, but not how much nor whether it can function under a load.

Please up date your post with, especially, the make and model of your PSU; RAM info, CPU, CPU cooler info and pretty much anything else that uses electricity. The forum can then give you more accurate and educated replies.

Solution