PC won't boot / stuck at Windows logo at all times

xPhoBia

Reputable
May 16, 2015
Hello forum,

I've come across the toughest issue I've had with PC's so far I think...

So basically my PC won't boot.
Sometimes it struggles to post. It goes into some sort of boot loop and eventually posts.
But then everytime gets stuck at Windows 7 loading screen and everytime I see the "Num Lock" light on my keyboard going off same as lights on my mouse, so it seems like the motherboard cuts off power, but the PC is still running...
I have cleared CMOS already (a few times actually).
I have disconnected all the drives to see if it loads up or boots up without looping, but it only gives me information that it couldn't find any bootable device (obviously...).
It gets stuck at loading screen even when I put Windows 7 CD and trying to reinstall it (!)...like wtf?
And the best part is - it goes into safe mode WITHOUT PROBLEM...LIKE WTF?
I am completly clueless here, guys. I don't know if anything got fried or something...?
Is it a CPU issue? It was overclocked but I didn't even raise the voltages that much. Barely actually.

PC specs:

CPU: i5 4690k
RAM: 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury
MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB
PSU: Antec EDGE 650W

Help.

neieus

Distinguished
Well since it boots in to safe mode that means it's possibly a device driver. If you are attempting to reinstall windows over top your existing in order to not lose anything it may be best to perform a fresh install and lose everything. Otherwise you could try a selective start up and enable items one at a time until you figure out what is keeping you from booting.

xPhoBia

Reputable
May 16, 2015
Well, I've tried already installing it completly fresh. I booted from the Windows CD and went straight to the installer to format the drives, but it just got stuck on loading screen, at the same point normal boot does.
I did try selective startup, unticking all the options there, but that didn't help at all...