Question PC won't boot to bios

Jan 15, 2020
was streaming a tv show with plex to my ipad last night, heard my pc just turn off, figured it was a power flicker and went to bed.

this morning my pc won't boot at all. i get a green light on the mobo, but hitting power ill get a flicker of light on the cpu and thats it. no fans kick on or anything. tried removing the cmos battery, taking out and moving the ram, checked all cable plugs. i installed a new gpu about 2 months ago but that was the last time i opened the case.

any suggestions on what to do next? is it likely the power supply?

Jan 15, 2020
i bought a new power supply and installed the new one, but its having the exact same issue. any suggestions on what i can try next? seems like power isn't getting to the motherboard maybe? could the mb be fried?

baribari

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2014
was streaming a tv show with plex to my ipad last night, heard my pc just turn off, figured it was a power flicker and went to bed.

this morning my pc won't boot at all. i get a green light on the mobo, but hitting power ill get a flicker of light on the cpu and thats it. no fans kick on or anything. tried removing the cmos battery, taking out and moving the ram, checked all cable plugs. i installed a new gpu about 2 months ago but that was the last time i opened the case.

any suggestions on what to do next? is it likely the power supply?

you should try testing it with a known good power supply. yes, it is likely the power supply or the motherboard.

Jan 15, 2020
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4.5GHz Hex Core LGA 2011 Processor w/ HyperThreading
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR HYDRO Series H100i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm, Dual ML120 PWM Fans, Intel 115x/2066, AMD AM4
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Video Card: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 192-bit Gaming Graphics Card, Super Compact, ZT-T16600K-10M
Video Card Memory: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz Desktop Memory
Hard Drive 1 OS: 256GB SATA III 6GB/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Hard Drive 2 Data: 2 x 2.0TB (4TB) SATA 6.0GB/s Hard Drive

Power Supply: Rosewill - BRONZE Series - 1000-Watt Active PFC Power Supply - Continuous 104 Deg. F (40C), 80 PLUS Bronze, Semi-Modular Cable Design, ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V, SLI & CrossFire Ready - RBR1000-MS
Case: Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Arctic White Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Jan 15, 2020
im returning the power supply i got since that didn't fix the issue. planning to get a new motherboard next. any suggestions on something i could get that would work?