Question PC won't boot up after crash/No display

Apr 9, 2023
Today I was playing GTA V on my PC and everything was running perfectly fine like normal. I have a 2 monitor setup. Randomly the screens both freeze, and no input on the keyboard or mouse did anything. The LED's on both the keyboard and mouse go out along with both monitors going black. The computer fans were still running and the RGB components were still on. I turned off the computer by holding down the power button which worked. I waited and tried to turn it on but no avail. The computer turned on but no connection to the displays nor the keyboard and mouse. I replaced the cmos battery thinking it was that but still nothing. When I turn the PC on, im forced to use the PSU switch on the back because the power button doesn't turn the PC off even if I hold it for an eternity.

Still having the problem with no idea on what to try next.
GPU: RTX 3080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard: X570 Aorus Elite Wifi
PSU: CORSAIR RM1000
RAM: 4x 8GB

What is your case model and how old is it?

Try disconnecting ALL of the front panel connections to the motherboard and using ONLY the power pins to attempt to power on and off.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2011-jumping-a-motherboard-without-power-switch-button

What is it ACTUALLY doing now? Does it power on? Does it pass the POST testing? Does it boot into Windows? If it boots into Windows, what happens after that? Your post really lacks much details into what's actually going on and sort of indicates works/doesn't work at the same time.

Apr 9, 2023
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 55 V3 and the case along with other components are a little under two years old.

I can turn the computer on but no display on monitors and keyboard and mouse don't light up. It doesn't make it to the bios nor the windows screen because I can't see anything appearing on the monitors.

Apr 9, 2023
I tried booting using CMOS but the PC didn't turn on, different cable and different monitor didn't work at all.
I also just checked the PSU fan and it does not seem to be spinning. CMOS pins don't appear to be doing anything when using a screwdriver.
stuck having to use the PSU switch to turn it off.

Last edited:
What do you mean "booting using CMOS" Nowhere did I or anybody in the link I posted say anything about "booting using CMOS".

What I said to do was disconnect all your wiring coming to the motherboard from the front panel. Power switch, reset switch, USB cables, HDD LED, whatever is coming from the front panel to the motherboard, disconnect it from the motherboard. Be sure to note where each wire connects so you can put them back later.

Then, using a small flat tip screwdriver, you jump the pins on the motherboard where the power switch wires were connected by briefly touching them together using the screwdriver. Those will be the pins that are labeled pwr+ and pwr-. It has literally NOTHING to do with "CMOS" or anything else. CMOS pins are ONLY for resetting the BIOS to default settings. They have NOTHING to do with powering on the computer. If you are unable to understand the instructions I've suggested or are unable to read the article properly at the link I posted, then I'd suggest you probably need to take your system to somebody who knows how to do the appropriate troubleshooting because I have no way of helping you to understand better if there is a language barrier.

The process if fairly simple and in the dozens and dozens of times I've recommended trying this in order to eliminate anything on the front of the case as the problem, nobody has ever had difficulty understanding the process.

Apr 9, 2023
Ended up being the motherboard. nothing seemed to be working with it and after replacing components and checking all of them with another rig, the motherboard was what stopped working.
One of the cheaper components so I'm happy

Reactions: Darkbreeze