[SOLVED] PC won't boot up after GPU overclock

pankodomik

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
I had an idea to OC my GPU, after multie crashes and crashes I finally found a stable overclock. That didn't last long, until I played some games and the PC turned itself off. I thought it just turned off because of high overclock. But the PC won't boot up. The lights will power up, HDD, and fans too, but I'm getting no output from monitor nor keyboard. Even when I unplug keyboard the BIOS won't beep as usual. I also tried buying new PSU, the problem is still there. I think it's maybe the MOBO, because if I remove the CPU, I get same results. So I wonder if the MOBO is fried or is there an way to revive this computer. Thanks for replies.

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti
RAM: 12GB DDR3
MOBO: Lenovo M77 A880
PSU: SilverStone 500W

Reactions: hussain_mdj

pankodomik

Reputable
Jun 5, 2018
Test the GPU in another PC to verify if the GPU is faulty.
From what I've read I assume that the motherboard is dead.
So
I had an idea to OC my GPU, after multie crashes and crashes I finally found a stable overclock. That didn't last long, until I played some games and the PC turned itself off. I thought it just turned off because of high overclock. But the PC won't boot up. The lights will power up, HDD, and fans too, but I'm getting no output from monitor nor keyboard. Even when I unplug keyboard the BIOS won't beep as usual. I also tried buying new PSU, the problem is still there. I think it's maybe the MOBO, because if I remove the CPU, I get same results. So I wonder if the MOBO is fried or is there an way to revive this computer. Thanks for replies.

Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti
RAM: 12GB DDR3
MOBO: Lenovo M77 A880
PSU: SilverStone 500W
So, I've tested my other AM3+ motherboard with the components and PSU, and it worked! So only the motherboard got fried up and other components work as usual.