Jun 2, 2020
Hi guys. My build is:

ASRock B450M Pro4,
Ryzen 3600 with
SilentiumPC Fera 3 CPU Cooler
16GB of RAM,
RX 5600 XT
PSU SilentiumPC Vero M 600W.

Yesterday I decided to order second CPU FAN to install on my Fera 3 - the same Sigma 120mm PWM fan, just to see if temps will go down a little bit.

Today I installed it, put the fan pin into CPU_FAN2 and PC is not booting anymore. I tried to unplug the pin from second fan, but still it does not want to properly boot up the computer.

I have no idea what could be the issue here, thought that adding second fan will be a breeze but it seems like not.

Do you have any ideas what can I do?

EDIT: I've just tried to completely put out the second fan from the case (in case the system would samehow detect it unconnected inside) and still PC is not booting. I don't understand what went so wrong that now I'm not even able to properly turn on PC in the state it was like half an hour ago.

Last edited:
Solution
Sounds like you might have knocked out a cable or two while plugging the new fan on the motherboard. Check that all connectors are plugged properly, then check all other hardware (such as GPU) to make sure that everything is sat properly.

GrandSACHI

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Sounds like you might have knocked out a cable or two while plugging the new fan on the motherboard. Check that all connectors are plugged properly, then check all other hardware (such as GPU) to make sure that everything is sat properly.

Solution