Question Pc wont boot up after replacing GPU

May 27, 2023
Hi guys!
My friend just bought a PC, and asked me, to help him out, by helping him assemble it. He did a Ryzen 9 7900X, ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F gaming motherboard, Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI Aorus build with a 1000W power supply.
After assembly, the PC started, every fan, every light were right, but there was no "beep" sound and it did not shut down for a second after the first start up. We cant get to use any HDMI or DP ports and not just on the GPU but on the motherboard neither. So the PC is running, but it doesnt do anything else. No signal to the monitors from the GPU and the motherboard, and not recognized the keyboard or the mouse.
We looked at the feedback LEDs on the motherboard and the GPU was lit up, so we took it out, but the problem was still there, and the motherboard still did not recognized anything.
After that, I wanted to check, if it is really the videocard, or something else, and i replaced it my RTX 3060 with the TI, and i have a Rog strix Z370-F gaming motherboard and a 850W supply. Replaced the card, and the symptoms were the same, everything started, nothing came out of the PC, not video signal, and did not recognize anything.
After putting back everything just like before the PC is doing the same "problems".
Can anyone know if the GPU received some overvoltage, or anything else?
Thank you so much for the help!

Just to be clear, you put your GPU into your friends new build and it did the same thing, or are you saying your computer now has the same issue?

I built a new Ryzen 7000 series build and had issues with the RAM, it caused issues much like what is happening with your friend's build. My problem was the RAM was XMP profile, which my motherboard didn't like, even though the specs said it was compatible. I put a new set of EXPO RAM in and all my problems were fixed.

So, what RAM is your friend using, and is it XMP or EXPO?

Reactions: CountMike
May 27, 2023
Just to be clear, you put your GPU into your friends new build and it did the same thing, or are you saying your computer now has the same issue?

I built a new Ryzen 7000 series build and had issues with the RAM, it caused issues much like what is happening with your friend's build. My problem was the RAM was XMP profile, which my motherboard didn't like, even though the specs said it was compatible. I put a new set of EXPO RAM in and all my problems were fixed.

So, what RAM is your friend using, and is it XMP or EXPO?
I put my friends GPU in my build, and after putting back my original card it has the same issue.
I checked and my friend build really have an XMP RAM and an EXPO socket.
But I only changed the GPU in mine and still nothing.