May 29, 2020
Long story short, i noticed my CPU (ryzen 5 3600) was running a little hot so i opened up the case, removed the CPU cooler and the chip, applied the paste put everything back very carefully, when to turn it on and nothing, i removed the chip and looked at the pins none are bent and nk thermal past got on any of the pins. I used a can of air to blow everything out. Put the chip back in, booted it back up and still nothing. The fans all start they all light up. My GPU (radeon rz 580) fand start and light up as well. The monitor won't display anytbing my keyboard and mouse won't let up but sny other thing i put in the ports work like a phone charger, USB-lights, etc. My mobo is tomahawk mad b450 it has a ez debug led lights they, they all go red then they go off, goes back to the CPU stayd on for 2-3, seconds then clears itself.

I removed the CMOS battery for over 24+ hours still nothing, i removed my gpu, unhooked all fans (besides 2) kept in one ram stick and still nothing.

Someone said to update the bios but i personally don't think thats the problems.

Any advice would be great, everything in the pc is less then 2 yesrs old beaides the PSU that is probbaly 5+

My specs
PSU = CX750M
CPU = RYZEN 5 3600
GPU = RADEON RX 580
Ram = 16 DDR4
Mobo = Tomahawk max b450

Any advice would help

Also not sure if it helps but i have a 1TB HDD and i can it running when i start the pc, after the EZ Debug LED scan is done when it goes to the CPU light and it clears my GPU fans start running, they won't start till after the CPU clears on the EZ Debug LED. Not sure if any of this is helpful.

Last edited:
Solution
Well its time to pull out all the stops then. No matter how careful you are, you may have nudged something loose in there, everyone's done it.

As a last option, get everything non essential off of the motherboard, including any RAM sticks more than 1, every single drive, all USB etc, then try booting with just 1 ram and the cpu installed. RAM should be in slot A_1 which is either closest or furthest from the cpu socket.

If that still fails after attempting with each ram in A1, and then each in B1 just incase its the slot thats bad instead of the sticks, I'm out of ideas other than broken MB

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Don't want to seem like I'm treating you like a total idiot, but I have to ask, when you said you removed the cooler, AND the chip, then applied the paste and put everything back together, can you elaborate on what you actually did a bit more?

May 29, 2020
Don't want to seem like I'm treating you like a total idiot, but I have to ask, when you said you removed the cooler, AND the chip, then applied the paste and put everything back together, can you elaborate on what you actually did a bit more?
I i just removed the cooler, put a small amount of paste on the chip then put the cooler back. Didn't remove the CPU.

May 29, 2020
ok, and when were you last inside the case. was the first 3600 cpu new or did you do another upgrade recently?
It was new, i bought all the parts and just built a new pc. This is my 3rd pc built, first time having this problem. So the ryzen 5 3600x was the first (new) then i got the ryzeb 7 after it stopped booting up. N still now the ryzen 7 does the same thing, nothing had changed. Fans all work, lights work, can hear HDD kick in, display still doesn't work nor does my mouse or keyboard but anything else i put in the port as in a charger or anything they work.

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Did you overclock? Do you have 4 or 8 pin connection to the CPU power on the motherboard? How hot was it when the issues started? 80-100c+?

Even though you don't think its why its happening, it won't hurt to update the BIOS as a just-in-case

With a new cpu and no different result things are starting to point the finger at the board itself.

Any reason there wasn't paste on the CPU to start with btw?

May 29, 2020
Did you overclock? Do you have 4 or 8 pin connection to the CPU power on the motherboard? How hot was it when the issues started? 80-100c+?

Even though you don't think its why its happening, it won't hurt to update the BIOS as a just-in-case

With a new cpu and no different result things are starting to point the finger at the board itself.

Any reason there wasn't paste on the CPU to start with btw?
I mean i never said there wasn't paste on the CPU, just i tend to add new paste every year or so something i have always done. I did try to update the bios and nothing, n no it wasn't running that hot (yet) it was up to 75-78C, and no i have no need to OL, and i have a 8 pin.

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Well its time to pull out all the stops then. No matter how careful you are, you may have nudged something loose in there, everyone's done it.

As a last option, get everything non essential off of the motherboard, including any RAM sticks more than 1, every single drive, all USB etc, then try booting with just 1 ram and the cpu installed. RAM should be in slot A_1 which is either closest or furthest from the cpu socket.

If that still fails after attempting with each ram in A1, and then each in B1 just incase its the slot thats bad instead of the sticks, I'm out of ideas other than broken MB

Solution