Question PC won't boot up at all

Jan 11, 2020
This was my first PC build that I built last January. It ran perfectly for the last year with no issues then suddenly would not turn on.

I gave the whole thing a really good clean, blew it all out, and verified all connections and it turned on and worked for about a day.

After powering it down, would not boot up again. Eventually it would boot up, all fans and LEDs on but no post beep and no display. The power button on my case will turn on the psu but will not turn it off, even holding down the power button. Power off from the switch is required.

I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps down to the bare bones of testing with just mobo and cpu. Still no post or display.

I was planning on upgrading my mobo anyways so got a MSI B450 gaming plus to test. After swapping all my components over this was now lighting up the cpu fault on the led ez debug. So I figured my cpu was fried.

I tried to test both mobos with no cpu and only a system fan to see if they were good, and now the fans wont even turn on, and no LEDs on my msi mobo.

I then tested my psu with a multimeter and all voltages are being properly supplied within tolerance.

I am stumped and frustrated and I am just hoping I didn't fry both my motherboards troubleshooting.

Any advice or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: Kingston A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB GAMING X 4G Video Card

Case: Thermaltake Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

This was my first PC build that I built last January. It ran perfectly for the last year with no issues then suddenly would not turn on.

I gave the whole thing a really good clean, blew it all out, and verified all connections and it turned on and worked for about a day.

After powering it down, would not boot up again. Eventually it would boot up, all fans and LEDs on but no post beep and no display. The power button on my case will turn on the psu but will not turn it off, even holding down the power button. Power off from the switch is required.

I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps down to the bare bones of testing with just mobo and cpu. Still no post or display.

I was planning on upgrading my mobo anyways so got a MSI B450 gaming plus to test. After swapping all my components over this was now lighting up the cpu fault on the led ez debug. So I figured my cpu was fried.

I tried to test both mobos with no cpu and only a system fan to see if they were good, and now the fans wont even turn on, and no LEDs on my msi mobo.

I then tested my psu with a multimeter and all voltages are being properly supplied within tolerance.

I am stumped and frustrated and I am just hoping I didn't fry both my motherboards troubleshooting.

Any advice or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: Kingston A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB GAMING X 4G Video Card

Case: Thermaltake Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
when you do a test post you need your cpu mobo and ram

so it sounds like your having a mobo/ and or cpu problem more likely the mobo since it wont even post and say no cpu detected or anything like that rma the mobo is what it sounds like to me saddly

I tested it with cpu and ram, still no post. I was then trying to verify my mobos were still good by testing without the ram and cpu.
before doing so though have you tried clearing the cmos?

Jan 11, 2020
I tried that in my original troubleshooting. Now I get no power in either mobo. It is to the point now that when I jumper the psu to test it alone, it kicks on with fan and everything just fine but when I connect to a mobo the psu does not turn on (no fan). Is this a sign of the psu failing?