Question PC wont boot up. How to install Graphics card drivers?

Nov 8, 2019
So my cousin and i took and old pc and upgraded it with a new motherboard, ram, cpu and graphics card. We switched it on for the first time, the motherboard lit up and all the fans started spinning. However nothing was displayed on the monitor and there was no power in the usb ports. I think you need to install the graphics and motherboard drivers to boot up but i dont know how to that. Could really use some help please.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You missed some important details.

Exactly what RAM, what configuration? I'm going to assume DDR4, but you never know, people have done sillier things. But with AMD, the exact memory may be a factor, depending on the CPU.

Which CPU, not something you should leave out when expecting PC help. The motherboard will have entirely different capabilities depending on what is plugged into it.

So far we have A320m-k, and the RX550 Aero from MSI.

The rest of the hardware is just as important. Power supply, chassis, drives, etc. I can't even begin to guess what you have done wrong if you don't list out every last detail you have.

You could also try describing your build process. And try to think of everything you did.

Common mistakes:
Forgetting to install the CPU power cable
Installing a motherboard into a chassis without standoffs (when standoffs are required, some chassis have them integrated)
Not fully seating the memory
Forgetting PCIe power cables for GPUs (not in this case)
Installing an 8-pin PCIe connector into the 4+4 EPS CPU power connector
Plugging the display output to the motherboard with a CPU that doesn't offer video capabilities.
Installing the CPU in the wrong way
Installing an incompatible CPU (Very possible in this case)

Nov 8, 2019
You missed some important details.

Exactly what RAM, what configuration? I'm going to assume DDR4, but you never know, people have done sillier things. But with AMD, the exact memory may be a factor, depending on the CPU.

Which CPU, not something you should leave out when expecting PC help. The motherboard will have entirely different capabilities depending on what is plugged into it.

So far we have A320m-k, and the RX550 Aero from MSI.

The rest of the hardware is just as important. Power supply, chassis, drives, etc. I can't even begin to guess what you have done wrong if you don't list out every last detail you have.

You could also try describing your build process. And try to think of everything you did.

Common mistakes:
Forgetting to install the CPU power cable
Installing a motherboard into a chassis without standoffs (when standoffs are required, some chassis have them integrated)
Not fully seating the memory
Forgetting PCIe power cables for GPUs (not in this case)
Installing an 8-pin PCIe connector into the 4+4 EPS CPU power connector
Plugging the display output to the motherboard with a CPU that doesn't offer video capabilities.
Installing the CPU in the wrong way
Installing an incompatible CPU (Very possible in this case)
the rest of the build includes a 450w power supply, and yes the ram is ddr4. The chassis is a pretty old one dont know any specifics but everything fits. the cpu is an amd Ryzen 3 1200 with 3.1ghz base

his isnt my first build. my friend helped me build my pc and it works fine. ive made sure the cpu is compatible with the motherboard. the cpu is definitely installed correctly.

Faye165

Commendable
Nov 8, 2019
Is sounds like something might be wrong with the case or case plugs on the motherboard. Are they plugged in? And if they are, are they plugged into the right inputs? It sounds like your PC should be good to go but @uthmaan is right that there could be a possibility that something could have shorted out on the motherboard itself

Nov 8, 2019
ye
Is sounds like something might be wrong with the case or case plugs on the motherboard. Are they plugged in? And if they are, are they plugged into the right inputs? It sounds like your PC should be good to go but @uthmaan is right that there could be a possibility that something could have shorted out on the motherboard itself
yeah im pretty sure all the case plugged are where they need to be

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Still, without specifics on all the components, can't say whether you have missed anything. I know it seems obvious, but we don't have that information.

I can get a 450W power supply from all kinds of suppliers. Some will be up to date and support the latest ATX spec, some will be older designs that may not get along with the latest hardware. Whether it is modular or not. You would be surprised how often people forget important details when putting power cabling into a system.

As an example, even the cable kit I bought for my system had a loose wire that I had to verify and re-insert. But if it is non-modular that eliminates that as a factor.

DDR4, good, 1x8 GB, 2x4GB, voltage? Speed? Model? 1st generation Ryzen components were known to have memory compatibility issues, if the board has an older BIOS on it could easily be the problem.

If you have access to other systems, test components. See if the GPU works in another computer. Test the memory, if possible.

Are any components used? Like the power supply?

When trying to get a boot screen, unplug everything you don't need.

PSU, ATX and EPS power
CPU, CPU fan
Motherboard
Minimum amount of RAM, try each stick if more than one.
GPU in this case.
And the monitor.

Leave drives, peripherals, front panel connectors, everything else unplugged. Start the computer by shorting the Power Switch on the front panel header. Or shorting the standby 5V+ line on the ATX power connector to the nearest ground (usually pins 15 and 16 or 16 and 17)

If it doesn't start then, something is fundamentally wrong. I would suggest removing it from the chassis and doing the same test. If that doesn't work you need to start looking at components.

Nov 8, 2019
Thanks for the help
could it be that neither my cpu nor motherboard has graphics and therefor cant boot. But anyways im taking the pc to a tech shop to see whats wrong