Question PC won't boot up past bios

sloopy1

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
I'm writing this without the specific specs of my computer in mind so I will try my best to outline them.
Intel quad core cpu
1 TB hdd
Geforce GTX 970
Asrock g41m-vs3

My computer started to do something odd where if I played a game that was a little bit too much for it, then it would restart and upon restart there would be a single horizontal line across the middle of my monitor. I recently purchased a new hard drive for my computer that I would install in hopes of getting past the horizontal line. Instead, my computer now boots up to the bios and then turns off. Is there anything specific that I should do in order to fix this? Thanks

May 31, 2019
if you purchased a new hdd you might want to install windows on it. If you're using the old one, you might wanna do a clean install for it to work with the new hardware.

sloopy1

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
I downloaded windows onto a usb by the media creation tool and have it inserted into my computer along with the new hard drive installed, but it still restarts as soon as it passes the bios screen.

Rayaldi

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
I downloaded windows onto a usb by the media creation tool and have it inserted into my computer along with the new hard drive installed, but it still restarts as soon as it passes the bios screen.

1. are you sure you flash the windows to the flashdisk correctly? user app like rufus to make sure
  2. have you checked the boot order/priority? move the USB to the topmost OR enter bootmenu option, I think it should be F8 or F11 given ASRock standard
EDIT: since you use Media Creation Tool, I think you just need to check the boot priority
I never use media creation tool to directly flash it into my flashdisk, so I'm not sure. I always choose to download the ISO then flash it to the flashdisk using rufus

Last edited: