Question PC won't boot up with any keyboard plugged in after installing new GPU

heertz

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
Hey!
So yesterday I sold my gpu cause I needed money (planning to buy a newer one as soon as I can afford it) and installed my old 750 Ti so I can use my computer (cpu has no integrated gpu) but it wouldn't boot up so I thought my old gpu was dead. It turns out it was not, cause after unplugging everything off my motherboard ports, it managed to boot up just fine. So after trial and error I managed to find the culprit: my keyboard.
I tried to use an old keyboard that was laying around in my shelf to no success. My pc just boots up into a black screen, and will immediately turn off when you hit the power button, signaling that it didn't even manage to boot up into windows 10.
I thought it had something to do with the boot order, but realized that I couldn't even get to the bios cause it wouldn't show up. After several trials I managed to time plugging in my keyboard just when the bios screen shows up and press the DEL key to get into the bios successfully. Then disabled usb from the boot order and rebooted. Same issue again, it won't boot.

I searched the web for answers but I couldn't find any. Any idea what could be the problem? Something has to do with the old 750 Ti, obviously. But how do I fix it? I don't really want to keep plugging and unplugging my keyboard everyday and wear off my usb ports.
Thank you.

Hardware:
Mobo: B550M PRO-VDH WIFI
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
RAM: 32gb (2x16gb) Kingston Fury Beast 3200Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 Ti 2gb
Storage: SSD M2 Kingston SNV2S2000G 2TB
PSU: EVGA 500w BR

(I don't know if this is the right place for this post, sorry)

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if dropping another GPU into the slot produces the same issue. I doubt that the keyboard would present itself as the problem now, after the platform was known working with your prior GPU.

What GPU were yo working on prior to the selling it? How old is your PSU at this moment of time?

Latest posts