Question PC wont boot up with new RAM

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
So, I had a 1x8GiB DDR4 corsair vengence(red colour) RAM in my PC and I wanted to upgrage to 16GiB so, I recently bought corsair vengence 8GiB DDR4(black color) stick. I inserted it in my PC and my PC booted but when I checked BIOS it showed only 8GiB of RAM and 2nd RAM slot was shown as empty I also checked on cpu-z and it was the same 2nd ram slot being shown empty(when infact the 2nd slot had my new ram installed)
So what I did was remove my old ram and tried booting with new ram and my pc just stayed black screen fans and stuff spin, I inserted the ram to both 1st and 2nd slots to make sure but no fix also reseted the bios(removing cmos battery) no fix. Inserted my old ram and my pc worked fine and booted, then I went to bios and enabled XMP profile and inserted new ram again; still it wont be detected.
So is the new RAM faulty should I RMA it?
Also my specs are;
i5 8400
H310m-k
RX 580 Nitro+ 8GiB
550watt PSU
Windows 10

Yes if the single RAM stick wont boot alone then most likely it is defective. But there's also no guarantee another one will work with your current one so keep that in mind. RAM is sold i sets for a reason. To increase the odds of it working is to make sure you buy the exact same model as what is already in your PC .

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
Yes if the single RAM stick wont boot alone then most likely it is defective. But there's also no guarantee another one will work with your current one so keep that in mind. RAM is sold i sets for a reason. To increase the odds of it working is to make sure you buy the exact same model as what is already in your PC .
The ram models are the same, both are corsair vengance and same frequency 2666Mhz, only difference is the color.
Also shouldnt the new stick work alone? if not dual?