Oct 13, 2020
Specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
  • ASUS TUF B450M-Plus Gaming
  • Kingston HyperX 3200Mhz DDR4 8gb RAM
  • Corsair VS550 ATX Power Supply
  • Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD
  • Sandisk 240GB SSD
(Everything else is brand new aside from the SSD which is 1 year old and was used from my laptop.)

I had and built this PC for less than a month now. Everything worked fine and the temperature was okay. Just yesterday morning, it won't boot. The motherboard's RGB light strip light up whenever the I turn the PSU switch on but whenever I start to press the power button from the case, the cpu fan works and the case lights up for a bit and then everything dies all together. The RAM doesn't light up but it usually lights up late when I used it before.

I tried basic troubleshooting that i found with my online research.

Booting after:
  • Moving the RAM to other slots.
  • Re-plugging all the cables on the motherboard again.
  • Removed the CMOS battery and then putting it back again.
  • Changing the thermal paste while reinstalling the fan.
  • without the SSD.
  • without the HDD.
and making sure that everything is plugged on their right slots. I booted it each and every time I tried another troubleshooting but the results were always the same.

There were no power surge or blackout that occured and all cords are in good condition and I also use a surge protector for the whole computer.

Anyone knows how to fix? I could provide a video of what happens when I try to boot it up as well.
Some say I should buy a new CPU cooler since the one I use is the one that came with the CPU.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Connect a motherboard speaker to your motherbopard. If you start up the PC and it posts OK it should beep once. If it beeps more than once then there's a problem.
The beep code will help you find the problem.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Connect a motherboard speaker to your motherbopard. If you start up the PC and it posts OK it should beep once. If it beeps more than once then there's a problem.
The beep code will help you find the problem.

Solution

Asez23

Reputable
Oct 11, 2020
Specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
  • ASUS TUF B450M-Plus Gaming
  • Kingston HyperX 3200Mhz DDR4 8gb RAM
  • Corsair VS550 ATX Power Supply
  • Western Digital Blue 1TB HDD
  • Sandisk 240GB SSD
(Everything else is brand new aside from the SSD which is 1 year old and was used from my laptop.)

I had and built this PC for less than a month now. Everything worked fine and the temperature was okay. Just yesterday morning, it won't boot. The motherboard's RGB light strip light up whenever the I turn the PSU switch on but whenever I start to press the power button from the case, the cpu fan works and the case lights up for a bit and then everything dies all together. The RAM doesn't light up but it usually lights up late when I used it before.

I tried basic troubleshooting that i found with my online research.

Booting after:
  • Moving the RAM to other slots.
  • Re-plugging all the cables on the motherboard again.
  • Removed the CMOS battery and then putting it back again.
  • Changing the thermal paste while reinstalling the fan.
  • without the SSD.
  • without the HDD.
and making sure that everything is plugged on their right slots. I booted it each and every time I tried another troubleshooting but the results were always the same.

There were no power surge or blackout that occured and all cords are in good condition and I also use a surge protector for the whole computer.

Anyone knows how to fix? I could provide a video of what happens when I try to boot it up as well.
Some say I should buy a new CPU cooler since the one I use is the one that came with the CPU.

Thank you in advance.
check the cpu and cpu socket for proper alingment of pins. bent or misaligned pins usually show these symptoms

Latest posts