Pc wont boot up

Jul 2, 2018
Hello i really need help! I tried to upgrade my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb with the same exact model of ram stick. The old ram stick was in the slot A2 so i put the new ram in the slot B2 and the pc booted up fine but it didnt detect the new ram so i tested to put the ram in the slot A1 and B1 but the pc wouldnt but up after that so i went back to the slots A2 and B2 but it wouldnt boot up and it wouldnt boot up with only the old one.

All the fans,GPU and cpu cooler is running and the led on the motherboard lits up but i noticed that a led on the motherboard that once was green had turned orange. i dont know what that symbols but the motherboard is a asus strix Z270H (max 64gb ram) heres a picture of the led: http://

I tried to reset the BIOS settings with the jumper but the pc didnt but up after that either. Its a 64 bit system to so it shouldnt be a problem with the limit.

I would be very happy if someone would answer or give a tip! Would help alot thanks!

valcan11

Commendable
Jul 15, 2016
This is a tip, maybe try and unplug your computer completely from the outlet and wait about 5 minutes. Plug the power cable back in and see if it works. Put the RAM in A2 and B2 as well. When you unplug the computer it does a reset of most ports.

Jul 2, 2018

Jul 2, 2018