Question PC won't boot up ?

Mar 19, 2022
I have put my computer in sleep mode and when I again came to switch on my computer it showed a black screen and then I restarted my pc but it was unable to restart the computer and the computer is now unable to start all the lights and fans of Cabinet are working but it not booting windows 10 even not bios is opening
My pc Spec's AMD FX 6300 processor 6 core
16gb ram
RX 560 4gb grafics card
Asrock motherboard
Asia power Power supply

Mar 19, 2022
I have put my computer in sleep mode and when I again came to switch on my computer it showed a black screen and then I restarted my pc but it was unable to restart the computer and when the computer is now even unable to start all the light of Cabinet are working but it not booting windows 10 even not bios is opening
16gb ram
RX 560 4gb grafics card
Asrock motherboard
Asia power Power supply
I have put my computer in sleep mode and when I again came to switch on my computer it showed a black screen and then I restarted my pc but it was unable to restart the computer and when the computer is now even unable to start all the light of Cabinet are working but it not booting windows 10 even not bios is opening
16gb ram
RX 560 4gb grafics card
Asrock motherboard
Asia power Power supply
Can you check with another PSU?
I don't have any other PSU in my home is there any other possible way?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I don't have any other PSU in my home is there any other possible way?
What you described sounds like a PSU issue to me. No picture, no POST and bi BIOS just LEDs and fans running.

I'm not saying it's 100% but if it is indeed a PSU problem the easiest way to rule it out is to test the system/setup with a known good working PSU.

How old is the PSU? What wattage? And what exact model?

Mar 19, 2022
What you described sounds like a PSU issue to me. No picture, no POST and bi BIOS just LEDs and fans running.

I'm not saying it's 100% but if it is indeed a PSU problem the easiest way to rule it out is to test the system/setup with a known good working PSU.

How old is the PSU? What wattage? And what exact model?
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0102ESMW6/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_RP2Q39R6EQ0KDDTC1RWA

I don't know what's the actual age of PSU I literally Don't have any idea of its age as it's a second hand pc

Mar 19, 2022
I put my pc into sleep mode but after 30minutes when I wake it up I got a black screen all the lights of Cabinet were working fine so after 5 minutes I restarted my pc and it booted the os successfully but after the loading screen of windows 10 I again got a Black screen so I again r started the pc and this time pc was not even able to boot also.Infact BIOS is not opening and working
But all the lights of the pc are working fine and all the fans are also working
Now after 1.5 hours my pc again started fine in which I am currently typing this issue
What's the reason behind this?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0102ESMW6/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_i_RP2Q39R6EQ0KDDTC1RWA

I don't know what's the actual age of PSU I literally Don't have any idea of its age as it's a second hand pc
In order to rule out any possible problem with the case power button or its cable you can try powering on the system with the power on (might be marked as PWR_ON on board) pins on the motherboard. You can gently short the 2 pins with something metal, tip of a screwdriver for example. You didn't provide your motherboard model. Check with its manual on ASRock webite for the board to fid the power on pins.

If the system starts there might be something wrong with the case power button or the cable connecting it to the pins on the motherboard.

I don't think that's a good quality PSU and it wasn't a good one even when it was brand new. You say it was used/second hand and you're not sure about it's age. For all we know the previous owner might have even repaired at some times and sold it.

That Amazon page doesn't even have real specifications as in how much power it can/could deliver on 3.3 5 and 12 volt rails. I couldn't find real specs via search either.

The PSU might have failed or is failing. I think easiest way is to try to power system with another known wokring PSU.

Mar 19, 2022
In order to rule out any possible problem with the case power button or its cable you can try powering on the system with the power on (might be marked as PWR_ON on board) pins on the motherboard. You can gently short the 2 pins with something metal, tip of a screwdriver for example. You didn't provide your motherboard model. Check with its manual on ASRock webite for the board to fid the power on pins.

If the system starts there might be something wrong with the case power button or the cable connecting it to the pins on the motherboard.

I don't think that's a good quality PSU and it wasn't a good one even when it was brand new. You say it was used/second hand and you're not sure about it's age. For all we know the previous owner might have even repaired at some times and sold it.

That Amazon page doesn't even have real specifications as in how much power it can/could deliver on 3.3 5 and 12 volt rails. I couldn't find real specs via search either.

The PSU might have failed or is failing. I think easiest way is to try to power system with another known wokring PSU.
Now the condition went different after 1.5 hours I started my pc and it's working fine now in which I am currently typing this issue but may I know the reason behind it?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Now the condition went different after 1.5 hours I started my pc and it's working fine now in which I am currently typing this issue but may I know the reason behind it?
Sometimes that is another sign that the PSU is failing. Sometimes giving it some time (maybe to cool down after a shut down because of over temperature) or power cycling (turning PSU off and on) makes the system turn on, is a sign that the PSU is not working right or is failing.

Here, in your case you said it couldn't wake up after sleep mode. If putting it to sleep/standby caused this (to do with CPU sleep states and motherboards stadards and older ATX standards of old PSUs and so on) and it keeps working fine if you shut down and turn PC on, the PSU mighe be OK.

But I would change that PSU with a good quality unit as soon as possible.

TRENDING THREADS