[SOLVED] Pc wont boot vga light on mobo

Jul 2, 2021
Cpu:ryzen 7 5800x
Gpu:msi 1050ti
Mobo:msi mortar b450
Psu:corsair vs650
Ram:g.skill 2x16gb

Hello,
Today i changed my cpu cooler fan because it was broken and was noisy after installing my new fan i tried booting up my system. The lights were on and tha fans spinning but the screen of my computer is black.i tried basic troubleshooting like unplug all peripherals and using 1 ram dimm to boot.
I really have no idea whats wrong i was using my pc just fine yesterday.
Any thoughts may help because i have no idea what may caused the problem
Thanks in advance for any replies

Solution
Double check wire connections...in particular make sure the supplemental power connectors to the GPU are fully inserted on both ends.

Did you insert the GPU in the correct PCIe slot for the GPU? That's the uppermost, the one closest to the CPU. And ensure the GPU is itself fully inserted into the PCie slot.

Last: check that the monitor plugged into the GPU output and not one of the outputs on the motherboard back plate.

This is the last to check, but if you removed the CPU from it's socket are you sure you didn't bend any pins?
Double check wire connections...in particular make sure the supplemental power connectors to the GPU are fully inserted on both ends.

Did you insert the GPU in the correct PCIe slot for the GPU? That's the uppermost, the one closest to the CPU. And ensure the GPU is itself fully inserted into the PCie slot.

Last: check that the monitor plugged into the GPU output and not one of the outputs on the motherboard back plate.

This is the last to check, but if you removed the CPU from it's socket are you sure you didn't bend any pins?

Reactions: Todx420
Solution
Jul 2, 2021

Thnks for the suggestions.
I reseated the cables you suggested and replugged the gpu couldn't get to check the cpu right now but like i said before i didnt touch any of that i just took a fan i had on my sidepanel and plugged it to the cpu heatsink.