Question PC won't boot when GPU is connected ?

May 8, 2021
So i was using my PC and then suddenly i got no signal on the monitor, I restarted my PC and still there was no signal. I thought it was my GPU so i switched to my integrated gpu and everything worked fine. Later i tried connecting my GPU back then i turned on the PC, Sadly my PC booted for like 1 second then immediately shut down after i heard and smelt something bad down where the gpu is located. That's when i knew the GPU is faulty. I tried changing the 6pin connector and it still didn't work. The problem could also be from the PCI slot but i doubt that. Is there any thing i can do to test if my GPU doesn't work anymore or repair it?

Lutfij

Titan
If the system powers up without a discrete GPU and doesn't when the discrete GPU is populating the system with it's connectors populated, then it's very likely your PSU is incapable of delivering power to all components.

Can you please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Please mention the age of the PSU, apart form it's make and model.

May 8, 2021
If the system powers up without a discrete GPU and doesn't when the discrete GPU is populating the system with it's connectors populated, then it's very likely your PSU is incapable of delivering power to all components.

Can you please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Please mention the age of the PSU, apart form it's make and model.
I don't think it's the PSU at all, Since i had it working with the same GPU for over a year. I also tried changing the PSU and nothing got fixed.