[SOLVED] Pc wont boot when I plug in second hdd

Anguishh

Commendable
Oct 8, 2019
So yesterday I tried to update my bios but it didn't go as planned, my pc booted up just fine after my failed updating attempts but when woke up today my pc wouldn't boot what so ever.

I have 1 SSD and 3 HDD drives,

I checked the bios list to sort the prio list of my drives, didn't work.
I took out the CMOS battery and waiter 15min, still didn't work.
I eventually unplugged all drives except my SSD which as my OS on it and i got to the diagnostics startup menu, from there i did a diagnostics of my startup which didn't work and afterwards i went into failsafe mode and then i managed to get into my pc.
Restarted my pc as usual and it booted just fine.
Then I got greedy and plugged all my 3 HDD's in at the same time and the same issue happend again.

I disabled all boot units except my ssd but it didnt give any results.
So now im sitting on 1/4th of my drives with all my games on the other ones.

I'm concerned with what I should do.

I've read somewhere that one option in to plug the harddrives in a different pc to format them and retry applying them to my pc but that seems like a long shot.

Any kind soul who has any other tips or questions, feel free to post!

Best regards,

Solution
For people with this issue trying to get it sorted out...

What I did was to plug in one HDD at the time on a different PC (it could work to do on your own PC too).
The last HDD I tried had a Primary partition on it, which I will assume made my pc think it was supposed to boot from there. I then formatted that drive and plugged it in my main PC, and it now works.
The only thing was that I had to access my drives through my control panel and import them because they were considered "risky" or something. (they didn't show up with my other drives when I opened My Computer).
Have you tried looking at your usb settings in bios to make sure they are all enabled? Also have you tried plugging one hd in at a time while pc is off then starting it to see if it recognizes the hd one at a time? Do this with each hd separately, don't keep one plugged in then try another, do one at a time by itself.

Anguishh

Commendable
Oct 8, 2019
Have you tried looking at your usb settings in bios to make sure they are all enabled? Also have you tried plugging one hd in at a time while pc is off then starting it to see if it recognizes the hd one at a time? Do this with each hd separately, don't keep one plugged in then try another, do one at a time by itself.

All the USB settings are enabled, however I have not yet tried to plug in one HDD at the time to figure out which one might be corrupt. I will give it a go!

Flash again but thru the bios instead of windows.
Make absolutely sure you have the correct Bios.
Which motherbd do you have?
If you dont have the box, take the side panel off and the info will either be on a sticker on the mobo or silkscreened on it.

My motherboard is MSI p67agd55, I got the bios from MSI's website, I'll link it here...(https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/P67AGD55#down-bios) (v4.3, I currently have 1.1)
When you download the bios it's just a .EXE that creates a bios file somehow, according to MSI's website tutorial you only need to run the .EXE and jump into BIOS, but in my case i did it through UEFI, which is basically the same thing as BIOS if I have understood things correctly...?
However when I try to look for the v4.3 file it's nowhere to be found, i can only find a file with my current BIOS version.

Anguishh

Commendable
Oct 8, 2019
Have you tried using the Live update feature within the Bios itself?

Otherwise run the exe from a fat32 formatted flashdrive from within windows.

I tried but it gave me an error saying that a CD was missing, so i guess its only possible with a CD? it was confusing..

Yea that's what i did, the exe shows my current bios version and also shows the new updated bios version and when i press OK, according to MSI, it should do the work for me. but it doesn't.

Anguishh

Commendable
Oct 8, 2019
For people with this issue trying to get it sorted out...

What I did was to plug in one HDD at the time on a different PC (it could work to do on your own PC too).
The last HDD I tried had a Primary partition on it, which I will assume made my pc think it was supposed to boot from there. I then formatted that drive and plugged it in my main PC, and it now works.
The only thing was that I had to access my drives through my control panel and import them because they were considered "risky" or something. (they didn't show up with my other drives when I opened My Computer).

Solution