Question PC Wont boot when ram is in dual channel

May 26, 2019
Hi, my pc was running fine for a couple of months and yesterday my daughter knocked down pc (pc was on the floor it didn't fell from desk or any height just knocked on the side) and i couldn't get it to boot. I tried to take out 1 ram stick and it booted normally. So after couple of minutes swapping ram slots and trying different combinations i saw that all ram slots are working and pc can boot with 16 gigs of ram but only in single channel. When i try to put ram on 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 it wont boot. Any help ?

iMatty

Reputable
Mar 14, 2019
I had the same issue when i updated my bios and changed my processor kinda.
So what fixed it is, rubbing the contact pins on the ram with alcohol to clean any oil or something on them.
Not sure if it will work or not but you could try.
Or your RAM got damaged when it fall out of the slot when your daughter kicked the computer.

May 26, 2019
I had the same issue when i updated my bios and changed my processor kinda.
So what fixed it is, rubbing the contact pins on the ram with alcohol to clean any oil or something on them.
Not sure if it will work or not but you could try.
Or your RAM got damaged when it fall out of the slot when your daughter kicked the computer.
I thought my ram was damaged but when i put like single stick it works both of them in all slots and both ram works and pc boots when they are in slots 1 and 2 pc recongized 16 gigs but only in single channel