[SOLVED] Pc wont boot windows and everything is installed.

Sep 16, 2019
I just put my pc in a new motherboard Z390 Aourus Ultra and case Lian Li o11 xl. I moved everything over and when I started the pc it took me to the bios. In the bios it didn't let me launch windows or anything. I am using a ssd and nvme m.2. The ssd is what I originally had windows on so idk if its not being read or something, but I hope someone knows.

Solution
I just put my pc in a new motherboard Z390 Aourus Ultra and case Lian Li o11 xl. I moved everything over and when I started the pc it took me to the bios. In the bios it didn't let me launch windows or anything. I am using a ssd and nvme m.2. The ssd is what I originally had windows on so idk if its not being read or something, but I hope someone knows.
Check where that SSD is connected on MB. With M.2 installed, some SATA ports may not be available.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
You don't "launch" Windows, especially from the BIOS.
Windows loads up on it's own after you pass the POST screen.

Can you please tell us the exact hardware you have in your PC, and can you tell use what hardware you had before with the Windows install that is on the drive.

Knowing what hardware was what, and what hardware has changed can help us determine what might be the issue as Windows doesn't always like it when you change out hardware, but it could be something else.

Sep 16, 2019
You don't "launch" Windows, especially from the BIOS.
Windows loads up on it's own after you pass the POST screen.

Can you please tell us the exact hardware you have in your PC, and can you tell use what hardware you had before with the Windows install that is on the drive.

Knowing what hardware was what, and what hardware has changed can help us determine what might be the issue as Windows doesn't always like it when you change out hardware, but it could be something else.

I believe the problem is my ssd (which is where Windows is installed) is not being detected. I believe it is because the case (Lian Li O11 Xl) had a ssd slot built in that you plug into the case and then built in coords to the motherboard.

Check where that SSD is connected on MB. With M.2 installed, some SATA ports may not be available.

Solution
What was you 'old' motherboard, and what are your current components? Please include make/model of each component.