[SOLVED] Pc won't boot windows anymore

Jack Hamstar

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
Hello,

As of yesterday my pc won't boot windows anymore and I am at a loss as to why. My pc was working fine yesterday and for the last 4/5 years; I had just played some need for speed and I had shut down my computer. But when I went to turn it on again a bit later it just showed the windows logo for half a second and then a black screen. The monitor wasn't off or anything, I could see that the pixels were on, but all of them were black. I thought it was a hardware problem but I cleaned and re-plugged everything I could and it fixed nothing. I made a bootable USB for Ubuntu which worked and showed all 3 of my drives (2 HDD and 1 SDD) working fine and I could access all the data on them. I made a bootable Windows USB with the windows media creation tools on my laptop and tried running windows from the USB on my pc, but that doesn't work again. It shows the windows logo really briefly and then a black screen with a white blinking cmd-like cursor, but I can't type or do anything except for ctrl+alt+del to restart the system.
Seeing as it does work with Ubuntu but not with Windows I am wondering if there could be a corrupt file or something somewhere that is blocking windows from properly booting.
Does anybody have any experience with this kind of problem?
I am open to anything :)

Thank you,
Jack

The specs of the pc are:
ASRock B150M-HDS motherboard
Intel i3-6100 CPU
Radeon RX 480 GPU
Ballistix 8gb RAM
Kingston 240gb SSD
Corsair VS450 PSU

Last edited:
Solution
ubuntu from usb does not use the drive untill it is install on it still suspect win boot loader is corrupt let see what other could tell you .

Jack Hamstar

Honorable
Dec 17, 2015
where did you test the drive to tell the are working i would try to boot only with the os one in system look like boot loader been corrupt .
I booted Ubuntu from a USB on the same pc with all the disks connected. Ubuntu booted fine and all the drives showed up and none seemed corrupt as I could access all the data. I just booted the system with only the SSD connected (boot drive) and it just shows a black screen.