Question PC won't boot in to Windows ?

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
Hello,

I just got my motherboard back from asrock service center,they had to replace my chipset.
They recommended me to change psu,i bought a seasonic prime gx 750 to replace my corsair vs450(i tested volts on the corsair and they were normal)

I went home and plugged everything in again. the computer starts and sit on asrock logo with the options to go to bios etc.

i am able to get into bios and it detects my hardwares ram,cpu, ssd(ssd being the boot drive) but not my hdd, but it wont boot in to windows ?
it says that i dont have a correct drive?

im getting so frustrated i have no idea what i have to do anymore.

could anyone please help me

spec
asrock h310m hdv
crucial ballistic 2x4gb
psu seasonic prime gx 750
cpu i3 8100

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
is this win 10 or 7? did you have win 7 on the PC at any stage?

reason being the bios might be set up as the wrong boot method to see drive.
on the boot tab in advanced view of BIOS, is CSM enabled? see page 62 here - https://download.asrock.com/Manual/H310M-HDV.pdf
no i never had windows 7, btw its fixed thanks for your respond though.
I resetted uefi to default in bios,pc restart and waited like 5 mins in asrock logo where you can press the buttons to go bios. and it booted up to windows afterwards.

The only thing is that it doesn't detect my 1tb HDD i will try to re-plug that in again perhaps my sata cable went bad.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what isn't seeing hdd? windows or bios?
if hdd never had windows on it, the bios might not see it (It won't show in boot order anyway)
I guess it might show on the tab that had all the sata ports

boot method might have been wrong and it needed to recreate its boot table.

Reactions: iceson

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
what isn't seeing hdd? windows or bios?
if hdd never had windows on it, the bios might not see it (It won't show in boot order anyway)
I guess it might show on the tab that had all the sata ports

boot method might have been wrong and it needed to recreate its boot table.

windows and bios doesn't detect hdd

i also ran a couple of restarts and i find it weird that im waiting 3-5mins before the asrock logo actually proceed to boot windows.
what could be the problem here, alongside with my hdd not detecting?

hdd showed on the tabs with the sata ports before all this happened and hdd never had windows installed.

iceson

Reputable
Mar 9, 2019
So i have plugged my hdd sata cable in a different port, as a result, the start up was fast again and my hdd was detected and ready to go.
I hope nothing will change in the upcoming days, should there be any ill update it

Thanks for you help Colif!