Pc won't boot with 2 sticks of ram but it used too

Warsy

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
Hi all need help I have moved my components to a new case today and I tryed booting up but the system restarted a few times but would not display. So I removed everything from mobo and tryed again still nothing so I took 1 stick of ram out and I got a picture on screen so I checked both ram sticks 1 at a time in each ram slot and if I use 1 stick it works but not with 2 and it used to. So I know it's not the ram or the ram slots I have cleared CMOS and such. I also can't get graphics card to give signal either.

Spes are Intel i5 4690k
MSI z97 gaming 3
16 gig Kingston hyper

Any help would be so great

Quite possible.
I don't understand why the CPU would be taken out of the motherboard though. There's no need for that.

If a bent pin is your problem do NOT do what this video shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHuDNJ-xVpY

I had a bent pin and what I did was place it pin-side up on a table, sit down COMFORTABLY, then use a credit card... the credit card helps keep the pin from bending too far (A screwdriver is a bad, bad idea).

So I lined it up then pushed slightly, then rotated the CPU ninety degrees then did the same thing. All the OTHER PINS helped prevent pushing too far.. once I nudged it back everything worked.

So I am NOT pushing on one pin only. If the pin is bent to your RIGHT, then put the card to its right and push slightly until your card hits all the other pins to its left, again ROTATE the CPU then do it again until it's sorted out.

Look close at the socket too and make sure there's nothing in there.

Warsy

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
Hi guys thanks for your help I had a look at CPU socket and it seems that there is a gap between the pins I have pics but don't know if I can post them on here. Anyway I straighted them gently and it has helped I can now boot into windows no problem and that's with GPU installed but still can't put 2 sticks of ram in as it won't display if I do. Also I ran a intel professor diagnostics tool and CPU passed on every thing .

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
pins probably not all straight, but if not anybody is missing you got the chance of getting them back in place . I had this problem twice and one time i got lucky and got it working the other time i had to get new motherboard. I used a needle myself but credit card could also work.
Do you got any other ram stick to test with in the other slot? Its probably not the ram but it wouldnt hurt to try.

TRENDING THREADS